Practice Assistant, Projects & Development (Melbourne)
Job no: 494345
Work type: Permanent - Full time
Allens is a leading international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia.
We have recently been named an elite "band one" firm in 20 practice areas and jurisdictions by Chambers Asia Pacific 2019. We were also awarded Law Firm of the Year (> 500 employees) at the Australasian Law Awards. This achievement caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
We are interested in speaking to an experienced Practice Assistant / Legal Secretary to join our Projects & Development team. You will have a strong work ethic, and take pride in your work and have a solution focused and 'can do' approach. You will have strong team work skills and be able to work autonomously. You will be supporting a Partner and other legal operatives so a high level of discretion and confidentiality is required.
As a Practice Assistant you will be working alongside top calibre legal operatives, from graduates to partners. We are in it together, we are passionate about what we do, we are inclusive, supportive and ambitious and are driven by excellence.
You will hit the ground running with previous secretarial or practice assistant experience and will be rewarded with a close knit team and a rewarding career. You will be ambitious, resilient and passionate about a career at our firm.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provision of practice management services to a portfolio of internal clients, including a partner and a team of lawyers;
- Diary, travel and expense management;
- Preparing and amending corporate documents and legal correspondence;
- Data entry;
- E-Billing and client reporting;
- Management of meetings and telephone conference calls in an effective and professional manner; and
- Performing other administrative tasks as required.
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Demonstrated experience in a legal secretarial role;
- Excellent computer literacy in Word, Excel and Outlook email;
- Intermediate to Advanced PowerPoint skills required to assist with tender preparation;
- A commitment to excellence in client service, along with strong interpersonal skills, confidence, and the ability to build rapport with busy clients, partners and lawyers;
- A very high level of accuracy and attention to detail, with the flexibility to organise and prioritise work independently and deliver to tight deadlines;
- The ability to work well within a team environment;
- A high degree of diplomacy and discretion and an ability to maintain confidentiality; and
- The ability to generate ideas and demonstrate initiative.
What we'll offer
- Our people are technical experts, but they’re also trusted business advisers who think bigger, more broadly and more strategically. Together, we solve complex legal challenges, and collaborate across practice areas and disciplines to guide our clients.
- Working at Allens entitles employees to a wide range of benefits including a gym membership, discounted product and services, charity matched funding programs, health and wellbeing initiatives and fantastic professional development opportunities.
- Our strategic alliance with Linklaters opens up worlds of opportunity for our business and our people through international secondments. Our global teams act as one, sharing knowledge and best practice approaches to help solve our clients' most complex problems.
- In a rapidly changing world, we seek opportunities to innovate, embracing creative thinking, new approaches and emerging technology. We believe strongly in driving positive change to do right by ourselves, our clients and our community.
- We recognise that our people are talented professionals who lead full and rewarding lives, and we want to create an environment that inspires them to give their very best. Flexibility is standard, underpinned by mutual trust and responsibility.
- Our teams are open, inclusive and encouraging, giving you the chance to learn and grow, but your development will be down to you. You’ll have the flexibility to drive your career, and we’ll recognise your achievements and hard work as you progress.
At Allens, we celebrate the unique insights our people bring to work each day. We know diverse teams make for better experiences for our people, clients and communities.
How to apply
Please submit your application via our on-line careers site addressed to Lisa Millar, Resourcing Manager or call Lisa on +61 2 9230 5075 for a confidential discussion.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend