Associate, Environment & Planning (Perth)
Job no: 494346
Work type: Permanent - Full time
Categories: Experienced Lawyers
Allens is a leading international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia.
We have recently been named an elite "band one" firm in 20 practice areas and jurisdictions by Chambers Asia Pacific 2019. This achievement caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
Our Environment, Planning and Native Title Group is comprised of a talented team of lawyers with expertise in assisting our clients to achieve the best commercial results for their businesses.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Associate to join our busy Perth practice. This role presents an opportunity to hit the ground running on advisory and due diligence work across environment, planning and native title practice areas servicing clients in the mining and resources and land development industries.
You will be working primarily with our partner who is a specialist in environment, town planning and native title law. You will receive exposure to a variety of challenging matters, traversing a broad spectrum of State and Federal law – including advising on environmental approval requirements, town planning and environmental compliance matters; contaminated land management; native title; renewable energy projects, climate change; and issues associated with mining and infrastructure project matters..
You will primarily undertake core environment, planning and native title work but ideally have a willingness to broaden your skills into adjacent practice areas, such as land access.
You will work in a collaborative national team across our Australian offices on market leading national transactions, and will be given excellent training and development opportunities and the support to manage your own matters and client relationships early on. You will be closely mentored by our partner and senior members of the team.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
Experience working in an environment and planning team or on native title and land access matters in the Perth market;
- Exposure to real estate work would be desirable but is not essential.
- An ability to effectively manage smaller matters and discrete elements of larger matters.
- A desire and ability to grow, both as a lawyer and leader.
- A willingness to build an understanding of clients and develop effective working relationships.
- An ability to establish a professional profile and internal networks.
- A willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences and networks.
What we'll offer
- We'll equip you with the skills and experience you need to be a lawyer of the future. We’re ready to define tomorrow. Are you?
- With us, you’ll be more than a lawyer. Our people are technical experts, but they’re also trusted business advisers who think bigger, more broadly and more strategically. Together, we solve complex legal challenges, and collaborate across practice areas and disciplines to guide our clients.
- Our strategic alliance with Linklaters opens up worlds of opportunity for our business and our people through international secondments. Our global teams act as one, sharing knowledge and best practice approaches to help solves our clients' most complex problems.
- In a rapidly changing world, we seek opportunities to innovate, embracing creative thinking, new approaches and emerging technology. We believe strongly in driving positive change to do right by ourselves, our clients and our community.
- We recognise that our people are talented professionals who lead full and rewarding lives, and we want to create an environment that inspires them to give their very best. Flexibility is standard, underpinned by mutual trust and responsibility.
- Our teams are open, inclusive and encouraging, giving you the chance to learn and grow, but your development will be down to you. You’ll have the flexibility to drive your career, and we’ll recognise your achievements and hard work as you progress through the firm.
- At Allens, we celebrate the unique insights our people bring to work each day. We know diverse teams make for better experiences—for our people, clients and communities.
Are you ready to begin?
We prefer to hear from you directly. Please submit your resume and transcript via our on-line careers site addressed to Lily Petrova, Resourcing Manager or contact Lily for a confidential discussion on +61 03 96138743.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend