Rules Automation Analyst, Integrated Legal Solutions (Sydney), 12-month contract
Job no: 494349
Work type: Fixed Term Contract - Full time
Categories: Experienced Lawyers, Corporate Services
Allens is a leading international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia.
We have recently been named an elite "band one" firm in 20 practice areas and jurisdictions by Chambers Asia Pacific 2019. We were also awarded Law Firm of the Year (> 500 employees) at the Australasian Law Awards. This achievement caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
Allens is renowned as an innovator in the Australian legal market. We are looking for a Rules Automation Analyst to join our growing team, on a 12-month contract, with the potential for extension. This role will be focused on building RegTech, AI and machine learning solutions for our clients.
You will be working at the intersection of technology and regulatory compliance, and help our national team build a new service offering in a rapidly changing environment.
We are particularly interested in speaking to junior lawyers who are looking for a different career path, and who have a keen interest in technology. No prior experience with programming or coding is required, however a legal background is highly desired.
As our Rules Automation Analyst, you will join our Integrated Legal Solutions (ILS) team and report to the Rules Automation Consultant, based in Sydney. You will:
- work with the Rules Automation Consultant to analyse and improve the efficiency of our clients' compliance and legal review;
- review legislation and regulations, and translate those into machine-readable rules using Boolean logic and other types of logic, and various syntaxes;
- liaise with vendors, clients, and internal teams to resolve issues in order to deliver services on time, and within scope and budget; and
- perform various kinds of business and legal research, as required.
What you'll bring
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- a keen interest in technology and automation, and in their application to the legal industry;
- strong analytical skills, with an ability to break down complex workflows into their constituent parts;
- an ability to redesign detailed processes, with an emphasis on logic, structure, and efficiency;
- to be able to identify relationships between disparate concepts;
- to have a strong work ethic, and be able to work autonomously;
- to be motivated, and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment; and
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
What we'll offer
- The opportunity to work on cutting-edge work with emerging technology in the LegTech/RegTech field.
- Our people are technical experts, but they’re also trusted business advisers who think bigger, more broadly and more strategically. Together, we solve complex legal challenges, and collaborate across practice areas and disciplines to guide our clients.
- Working at Allens entitles employees to a wide range of benefits including a gym membership, discounted product and services, charity matched funding programs, health and wellbeing initiatives and fantastic professional development opportunities.
- Our strategic alliance with Linklaters opens up worlds of opportunity for our business and our people through international secondments. Our global teams act as one, sharing knowledge and best practice approaches to help solves our clients' most complex problems.
- In a rapidly changing world, we seek opportunities to innovate, embracing creative thinking, new approaches and emerging technology. We believe strongly in driving positive change to do right by ourselves, our clients and our community.
- We recognise that our people are talented professionals who lead full and rewarding lives, and we want to create an environment that inspires them to give their very best. Flexibility is standard, underpinned by mutual trust and responsibility.
- Our teams are open, inclusive and encouraging, giving you the chance to learn and grow, but your development will be down to you. You’ll have the flexibility to drive your career, and we’ll recognise your achievements and hard work as you progress through the firm.
At Allens, we celebrate the unique insights our people bring to work each day. We know diverse teams make for better experiences for our people, clients and communities.
Are you ready to begin?
We prefer to hear from you directly. Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Christa Howat, Senior Resourcing Consultant or contact Christa for a confidential discussion on + 61 7 3334 3115.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend