Associate, Real Estate & Development (Brisbane)
Job no: 494361
Work type: Permanent - Full time
Categories: Experienced Lawyers
Allens is a leading international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia.
We have recently been named an elite "band one" firm in 20 practice areas and jurisdictions by Chambers Asia Pacific 2019. We were also awarded Law Firm of the Year (> 500 employees) at the Australasian Law Awards. This achievement caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
We are looking for an experienced property lawyer to join our Real Estate team in Brisbane. This team acts for a number of prominent developers, landlords, government agencies and major tenants, advising on the structuring, development, occupancy and disposal of property assets. Our diverse client mix means that we act across a range of market sectors, working on major
, retail, office and residential properties, large commercial transactions with real estate aspects, and major industrial and social infrastructure projects.
Working alongside Annabelle Aland, John Beckinsale and Liam Chambers who are the partners in the practice, you will have the opportunity to work on landmark transactions, will be given excellent training and development opportunities and the support to manage your own matters and client relationships.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Minimum 2 years' post-admission experience as a real estate practitioner from a team at a well-regarded top tier firm, international firm or boutique firm.
- Strong technical skills.
- An ability to effectively manage smaller matters and discrete elements of larger matters.
- A willingness and energy to build an understanding of clients and develop effective working relationships.
- An ability to establish a professional profile and internal networks.
- A willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences and networks.
What we'll offer
- The opportunity to be a key advisor on complex and interesting matters, supported by a welcoming team full of experienced and capable lawyers.
- A focus on your development, given that you will work closely with each of our Partners and be exposed to a broad range of clients, transaction types and market sectors.
- A wide range of benefits including a gym membership, discounted product and services, charity matched funding programs, health and wellbeing initiatives and fantastic professional development opportunities.
- Access to our strategic partnership with Linklaters, which opens up a world of opportunity for our business and our people.
- Opportunities to innovate, embracing creative thinking, new approaches and emerging technology. We believe strongly in driving positive change to do right by ourselves, our clients and our community.
- Flexibility is standard, underpinned by mutual trust and responsibility, provided there is always a focus on excellent client service.
- Our teams are open, inclusive and encouraging, giving you the chance to learn and grow, but your development will be down to you. You’ll have the flexibility to drive your career, and we’ll recognise your achievements and hard work as you progress through the firm.
At Allens, we celebrate the unique insights our people bring to work each day. We know diverse teams make for better experiences—for our people, clients and communities.
Are you ready to begin?
We prefer to hear from you directly. Please submit your resume and transcript via our on-line careers site addressed to Christa Howat, Senior Resourcing Consultant or contact Christa for a confidential discussion on +61 7 3334 3115.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend