Allens is a leading international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia.
We have recently been named an elite "band one" firm in 20 practice areas and jurisdictions by Chambers Asia Pacific 2019. We were also awarded Law Firm of the Year (> 500 employees) at the Australasian Law Awards. This achievement caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
We are seeking a Human Resources Advisor to join our People & Development team for a period of 12 months. Working closely with the People & Development Managers to provide on-the-ground support to a number of Legal Practice Groups, you will be responsible for coordinating the end-to-end delivery of core HR services, including:
• support recruitment activities, including the preparation of business cases
• act as the lead contact for (legal) joiners in the Melbourne office
• coordinating allocation and review of performance coaches/ buddies, ensuring team prepared for new arrivals, new starter check ins
2. Talent processes
• support the delivery of annual performance, talent and remuneration activities, working with COEs where needed.
• support the co-ordination of the annual graduate allocations process (Melbourne cohorts will be the focus initially, may provide support more broadly)
• work with P&DC manager to synthesise insights from talent processes, market and employee feedback and identify risks and opportunities;
3. Career transitions
• support the effective management of employees departing the firm, including booking exit interviews
• coordinate parental leave support/logistics
4 Policy and Projects
• assist in the management of employee relations issues, policy advice
• Contribution to P&D projects, as required
• Oversee operational processes for PDC, identifying areas for improvement, working collaboratively across P&D teams
5 Reporting and meeting co-ordination
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will bring:
• Tertiary qualifications in either HR, Organisational/Industrial Psychology, or business are strongly desirable (will consider candidates working towards tertiary qualifications)
• Relevant experience gained within the professional services industry would be advantageous
• Experience providing end to end HR policy advice and administration support across a range of HR processes including recruitment, performance management, policy advice
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated commercial awareness with the capacity to understand the key value drivers of the firm and the relevant practice group/corporate services function
What we'll offer
- With us, you’ll be more than a business partner. Our people are specialists in their fields, but they’re also trusted business advisers who think bigger, more broadly and more strategically. Together, we solve complex challenges, and collaborate across teams to guide our internal legal client base.
- Working at Allens entitles employees to a wide range of benefits including a gym membership, discounted product and services, charity matched funding programs, health and wellbeing initiatives and fantastic professional development opportunities.
- We work across borders too, thanks to our alliance with Linklaters. This strategic partnership opens up worlds of opportunity for our business and our people.
- In a rapidly changing world, we seek opportunities to innovate, embracing creative thinking, new approaches and emerging technology. We believe strongly in driving positive change to do right by ourselves, our clients and our community.
- We recognise that our people are talented professionals who lead full and rewarding lives, and we want to create an environment that inspires them to give their very best. Flexibility is standard, underpinned by mutual trust and responsibility
- Our teams are open, inclusive and encouraging, giving you the chance to learn and grow, but your development will be down to you. You’ll have the flexibility to drive your career, and we’ll recognise your achievements and hard work as you progress through the firm.
At Allens, we celebrate the unique insights our people bring to work each day. We know diverse teams make for better experiences for our people, clients and communities.
Are you ready to begin?
We prefer to hear from you directly. Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Lily Petrova, Resourcing Manager or contact Lily for a confidential discussion on + 61 3 9613 8743.