Learning and Development Administrator (Sydney or Melbourne)
Job no: 494368
Work type: Permanent - Full time
Location: Melbourne, Sydney
Categories: Corporate Services
Allens is a leading international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia.
We have recently been named an elite "band one" firm in 20 practice areas and jurisdictions by Chambers Asia Pacific 2019. We were also awarded Law Firm of the Year (> 500 employees) at the Australasian Law Awards. This achievement caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
Our legal teams are supported by leading Corporate Services teams including People & Development, Finance, Applied Legal Technology, Business Operations, Information Technology, Knowledge Services and Marketing & Client Services.
We are seeking a Learning & Development Administrator to join our People & Development team. You will be responsible for the co-ordination and administration of our national learning programs. The role will offer you a dynamic and supportive team and the opportunity to apply your experience in learning management systems (LMS). Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Administration support for all L&D programs, coordinating training program course set up and ongoing delivery, including liaising with internal and external contract facilitators.
- Support all configuration and maintenance of the LMS for national L&D programs, including updating content and assets, ensuring that it is current and in line with policy and strategy.
- Testing content within the LMS to ensure that it is 'fit for purpose' before rolling out and implementing once testing is complete.
- Working with the L&D team as well as with external vendors to provide support wherever necessary.
- Troubleshooting problems and system errors and supporting staff with any queries that they have relating to the LMS.
- Handling logistics for training activities including venues, catering, and equipment.
- Be a main point of contact for all participant enquiries including reminders about module dates, rescheduling of workshops and general enquiries.
- Coding invoices and processing supplier contracts and paperwork.
- Preparing training material, including templating, formatting, printing and binding.
- Collating feedback from training events and running scheduled reports as necessary.
- Assisting with design and updating of the L&D intranet pages.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Experience in a similar role working with an LMS (preferably a cloud based LMS), ideally in a professional services organisation.
- Exceptional administration and computer skills.
- Ability to navigate a complex stakeholder environment and build relationships.
- Highly consultative approach with exceptional stakeholder engagement.
- Results driven attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills and an adaptable and proactive personality with a willingness to take ownership.
- Strong time management and project management skills with an ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to work both autonomously and within a high performing team.
- Tertiary qualifications in business, HR, Computer Science, Instructional Design or equivalent would be an advantage. Will consider people working towards tertiary qualifications.
What we'll offer
- With us, you’ll be more than a business partner. Our people are specialists in their fields, but they’re also trusted business advisers who think bigger, more broadly and more strategically. Together, we solve complex challenges, and collaborate across teams to guide our internal legal client base.
- Working at Allens entitles employees to a wide range of benefits including a gym membership, discounted product and services, charity matched funding programs, health and wellbeing initiatives and fantastic professional development opportunities.
- We work across borders too, thanks to our alliance with Linklaters. This strategic partnership opens up worlds of opportunity for our business and our people.
- In a rapidly changing world, we seek opportunities to innovate, embracing creative thinking, new approaches and emerging technology. We believe strongly in driving positive change to do right by ourselves, our clients and our community.
- We recognise that our people are talented professionals who lead full and rewarding lives, and we want to create an environment that inspires them to give their very best. Flexibility is standard, underpinned by mutual trust and responsibility
- Our teams are open, inclusive and encouraging, giving you the chance to learn and grow, but your development will be down to you. You’ll have the flexibility to drive your career, and we’ll recognise your achievements and hard work as you progress through the firm.
At Allens, we celebrate the unique insights our people bring to work each day. We know diverse teams make for better experiences for our people, clients and communities.
Are you ready to begin?
We prefer to hear from you directly. Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Lily Petrova, Resourcing Manager or contact Lily for a confidential discussion on + 61 3 9613 8743.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend