Strategy Analyst (Melbourne or Sydney)
Job no: 494375
Work type: Permanent - Full time
Location: Melbourne, Sydney
Categories: Corporate Services
Allens is a leading international law firm with a long and proud heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work.
From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asia region for almost 200 years, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like.
Over this time, we've grown in scale and reach, today offering clients a global network of 40 offices in 28 locations through our global alliance with Linklaters.
The position of Strategy Analyst plays an important part in strategy consulting with individual Allens business units. The role works directly with the firm's Senior Strategy Managers to define and deliver change aligned to the firm's business needs.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Troubleshooting, identifying needs, developing plans and creating strategic options;
- Research and business intelligence, including gathering, reviewing, and testing relevant data;
- Evaluating, analysing and reporting on commercial viability;
- Drafting business cases and other material for the firm's senior leadership;
- Consulting with stakeholders for insight into relevant key business drivers to aid decision making;
- Working as part of a cohesive team and building valuable networks;
- Monitoring the application of protocols, systems and processes, including the improvement of policies and processes and / or establishing new ones; and
- Planning and coordinating different resources to consistently deliver high quality, timely project outcomes.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in an analytical field;
- 1 – 3 years' in experience in management consulting is highly desirable;
- Strong consulting skills and experience in strategy development and implementation;
- A passion for corporate and business strategy, combined with a natural curiosity about the evolution of professional services and the business of law;
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills and ability to think 'out of the box' to create solutions for seemingly-straightforward problems;
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills;
- The ability to translate complex quantitative and qualitative analyses into clear messages appropriate to the intended audience;
- A strong sense of ownership, accountability and drive to deliver results;
- Ability to navigate a complex stakeholder environment and build relationships; and
- Ability to work both autonomously and as team player.
What we'll offer
You will be an integral part of a high performing and professional team and have an opportunity to work with genuine market leaders.
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and leaders who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers and regular social and sporting activities. Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
Are you ready to begin?
We prefer to hear from you directly. Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Courtney Reynolds, Resourcing Consultant or contact Courtney for a confidential discussion on +61 3 961 389 35.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend