Allens is a leading international law firm with a long and proud heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work.
From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asia region for almost 200 years, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like.
Over this time, we've grown in scale and reach, today offering clients a global network of 40 offices in 28 locations through our global alliance with Linklaters.
We are looking for a Business Development Adviser to help drive our Brisbane and PNG practices, using best practice business development and marketing approaches to support the firm to deliver revenue growth and build stronger, more enduring and sustainable client relationships.
The ideal candidate will be organised, enthusiastic and able to effectively deliver key strategic and operational business development and marketing initiatives to advance the objectives of the firm.
In addition to working with the Brisbane and PNG Partners and Senior Business Development Manager, there will be opportunities to work with national practice group and sector BDs and with national campaign leaders to ensure optimum outcomes and collaboration for the local practices.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Play an active role in growing strategic and aspirational clients, including coaching on and advocating the CRM tools available.
- Project manage or contribute to tenders, capability statements or other marketing materials relevant to the Brisbane office and contribute to other firm-wide tenders.
- Conduct client feedback (relationship, matter and tender feedback) to continually improve our service offering and to gain further insights into the client’s business.
- contribute to the identification and execution of opportunities for client engagement, publishing, media and speaking roles which are aligned to the achievement of the practice and client strategies.
- Assisting with submissions and helping to prepare partners for ranking survey interviews (such as Chambers Global).
- Maintain responsibility for BD infrastructure to support lawyers and secretaries in BD initiatives.
What you'll bring
Attributes of the ideal candidate:
- Positive, solutions-focussed, good humoured
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives and priorities at any single time
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Well developed research and organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong stakeholder influence skills
- Commercially astute, and able to quickly understand strategy and translate it through to execution
- Highly collaborative and able to work effectively in teams
- Action oriented
- Strong project management skills
- Proactive and client focused
We are ideally seeking someone with experience in a professional services firm or other corporate organisation with complex stakeholder management experience. Building relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders, including those based in other offices nationally will be key for this role.
What we'll offer
You will be an integral part of a high performing and professional team and have an opportunity to work with genuine market leaders.
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and leaders who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers and regular social and sporting activities. Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply
Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Christa Howat, Senior Resourcing Consultant, or call Christa on +61 7 3334 3115 for a confidential discussion.