Kitchen Hand, Sydney
Job no: 494384
Work type: Permanent - Part time
Categories: Corporate Services
Allens is an international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia. Through an integrated alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients access to an extensive network comprising 39 offices in 28 countries.
We have recently been named an elite "band one" firm in 20 practice areas and jurisdictions by Chambers Asia Pacific 2019. We were also awarded Law Firm of the Year (> 500 employees) at the Australasian Law Awards. This achievement caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals
Our legal teams are supported by leading Corporate Services teams including Finance, Integrated Legal Solutions, Business Operations, Information Technology, Knowledge & Practice Services, Marketing & Client Services and People & Development.
We are looking for a motivated Kitchen Hand to join our Sydney team on a part time basis. Working days are Monday – Thursday from 4.00pm – 9.00pm with an additional Friday once a month from 4.00pm – 8.00pm.
Ideally, we are seeking a candidate with previous experience working in the hospitality industry and experience is a similar position within a Corporate environment is highly desirable.
The primary responsibility is to support the Chef and other kitchen staff by:
- Maintaining a clean, hygienic and orderly kitchen at all times. This includes cleaning the kitchen, dining and food preparation areas, clearing and cleaning of all dishes and equipment.
- Service of staff dinner: assisting the chef with preparation of dinner, setup and the service of dinner to staff Monday – Thursday on the designated floor.
- Stock control, storage and rotation including unpacking daily deliveries, ensuring correct storage procedures are followed, tidying the store room and constant rotation of all consumables.
- Assist in basic room setups as required, ensuring service areas are well presented.
- Assisting with basic food preparation under the instruction of the Chef food storage and stock rotation.
What we'll offer
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and partners who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way. It's up to you to make the most of them.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers, market leading flexible work practices and regular social and sporting activities.
Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply
Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Lisa Millar, Resourcing Manager. Please note agency applications will not be considered at this time.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend