Business Analyst, Information Technology
Job no: 494389
Work type: Permanent - Full time
Categories: Corporate Services
Allens is a leading international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia.
We have recently been named an elite "band one" firm in 20 practice areas and jurisdictions by Chambers Asia Pacific 2019. We were also awarded Law Firm of the Year (> 500 employees) at the Australasian Law Awards. This achievement caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals
Our legal teams are supported by leading Corporate Services teams including Finance, Integrated Legal Solutions, Business Operations, Information Technology, Knowledge & Practice Services, Marketing & Client Services and People & Development.
The role of the Business Analyst in the Information Technology department is to analyse, specify, and validate the business needs of project stakeholders. This includes interviewing stakeholders and gathering user requirements to convey to teams throughout the project lifecycle. We're looking for someone who can also apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help support and to ensure that project deliverables are met according to specifications. This is a pivotal role in ensuring business requirements are interpreted to technical teams and vice versa.
What you'll bring
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, process modelling, user story documentation, needs verification, and methodology development;
- Experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products;
- Experience creating systematic and consistent requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language;
- Demonstrated knowledge of product management and market analysis;
- Proven experience demonstrating flexibility in approach and methodology selection to match business needs; and
- A team mindset, working collaboratively with colleagues and adapting as required.
What we'll offer
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and partners who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way. It's up to you to make the most of them.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers, market leading flexible work practises and regular social and sporting activities.
Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply
We prefer to hear from you directly. Please submit your resume and transcript via our on-line careers site addressed to Lisa Millar, Resourcing Manager or contact Lisa for a confidential discussion on +61 2 9230 5075.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend