AML (Anti-Money Laundering) Lawyers, (Sydney & Melbourne)
Job no: 494390
Work type: Permanent - Full time
Location: Melbourne, Sydney
Categories: Experienced Lawyers
Allens is a leading international law firm with a long and proud heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work.
From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asia region for almost 200 years, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like.
Over this time, we've grown in scale and reach, today offering clients a global network of 40 offices in 28 locations through our global alliance with Linklaters.
We are seeking lawyers (both senior and junior) with experience in anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing (AML/CTF), as well as other areas of financial services regulation. If you have AML/CTF experience, this is an exciting opportunity to work on cutting edge matters as part of our growing and market-leading AML/CTF and broader financial services regulatory practice.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- An understanding of the Australian AML/CTF regime.
- An understanding of other areas of financial services regulation, including banking regulation, payment systems, superannuation or funds management would be highly regarded, but is not essential.
- Strong analytical skills would be highly regarded.
- An ability to effectively manage smaller matters and discrete elements of larger matters.
- A desire and ability to grow, both as a lawyer and leader.
- A willingness to build an understanding of clients and develop effective working relationships.
- An ability to establish a professional profile and internal networks.
- A willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences and networks.
What we'll offer
- You will be an integral part of a high performing, cross-practice team.
- At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and leaders who can help you become the best you can be.
- You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way.
- You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers and regular social and sporting activities. Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
Are you ready to begin?
We prefer to hear from you directly. Please submit your resume and transcript via our on-line careers site addressed to Lily Petrova, Resourcing Manager or contact Lily for a confidential discussion on +61 03 96138743.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend