Pricing Manager / Analyst (Melbourne or Sydney)
Job no: 494401
Work type: Permanent - Full time
Location: Melbourne, Sydney
Categories: Corporate Services
Allens is a leading international law firm with a long and proud heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work.
From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asia region for almost 200 years, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like.
Over this time, we've grown in scale and reach, today offering clients a global network of 40 offices in 28 locations through our global alliance with Linklaters.
We are seeking a Pricing Manager or Analyst to join our Pricing & Practice Economics team on a full-time basis. The role can be based in Melbourne or Sydney, assisting and supporting the Head of Pricing in the Pricing and Practice Economics Team.
The role is responsible for implementing the firm's pricing strategy and developing pricing structures to deliver value. The successful candidate will work closely with Partners, Commercial Managers, Legal Project Managers, the Integrated Legal Solutions and Innovation teams to develop and deliver elements of the firm's strategic plan.
If you want to be challenged, to drive change and get in on the ground floor of the new big wave in legal pricing, this is your opportunity.
Core responsibilities include working with the Head of Pricing to:
- support partners and bid teams to develop pricing strategy in preparation and response to client RFPs, including appropriate negotiation support through the entire lifecycle from pursuit
- assist partners to plan and respond to requests for estimates or proposals using pricing tools and financial models to assess profitability and owning the development of workable pricing solutions.
- design, implement and assist partners to manage and improve outcomes under alternative fee arrangements and other pricing arrangements;
- implement strategic initiatives to that drive improvements in efficiency with which work is performed, driving positive outcomes for clients and the firm;
- administer the firm's pricing arrangements with its clients;
- support partners and the Integrated Legal Solutions team to price legal tech products and technology services;
- promote improved pricing practices within the firm by educating and training legal operatives and partners; and
- contribute to strategic pricing activities and projects that arise from time to time, including the ongoing development of pricing infrastructure for the firm.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and motivate teams;
- excellent numeracy skills;
- the ability to analyse data and build financial models using Excel;
- the ability to influence and drive cultural change with a creative and commercial mindset;
- the ability to manage multiple stakeholders in a fast pace complex environment;
- the ability to coordinate small to medium sized projects, and a sound understanding of change management techniques;
- the ability to build relationships with, negotiate, and work collaboratively with people at all levels of the organisation; and
- strong presentation skills.
- Qualifications, or equivalent experience, in Business Development, Pricing, and / or Finance is preferred.
- Certification in project and / or change management methodologies would be valued.
What we'll offer
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people who can help you become the best you can be. You will have the opportunity to join one of the first law firm pricing teams to be established globally.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers and regular social and sporting activities. Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply
We prefer to hear from you directly. Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Courtney Reynolds, Resourcing Consultant or contact Courtney on 03 9613 8935 for a confidential discussion.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend