Business Analyst, Information Technology
Job no: 494389
Work type: Permanent - Full time
Categories: Corporate Services
Allens is a leading international law firm with a long and proud heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work.
From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asia region for almost 200 years, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like.
Over this time, we've grown in scale and reach, today offering clients a global network of 40 offices in 28 locations through our global alliance with Linklaters.
The role of the Business Analyst in the Information Technology department is to analyse, specify, and validate the business needs of project stakeholders. This includes interviewing stakeholders and gathering user requirements to convey to teams throughout the project lifecycle. We're looking for someone who can also apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help support and to ensure that project deliverables are met according to specifications. This is a pivotal role in ensuring business requirements are interpreted to technical teams and vice versa.
What you'll bring
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, process modelling, user story documentation, needs verification, and methodology development;
- Experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products;
- Experience creating systematic and consistent requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language;
- Demonstrated knowledge of product management and market analysis;
- Proven experience demonstrating flexibility in approach and methodology selection to match business needs; and
- A team mindset, working collaboratively with colleagues and adapting as required.
What we'll offer
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and partners who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way. It's up to you to make the most of them.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers, market leading flexible work practises and regular social and sporting activities.
Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply
We prefer to hear from you directly. Please submit your resume and transcript via our on-line careers site addressed to Christa Howat, Senior Resourcing Consultant or contact Christa for a confidential discussion on +61 7 3334 3115. Candidates with overseas experience requiring sponsorship will be considered.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend