Allens is a leading international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia.
We have recently been named an elite "band one" firm in 18 practice areas and jurisdictions by Chambers Asia Pacific 2020. We were also awarded Law Firm of the Year (> 500 employees) at the Australasian Law Awards, 2019. This achievement caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
We are looking for an Associate to join our Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT) team in Brisbane.
Our lawyers work across the full suite of legal practice areas relating to TMT and commercial IP. The role offers an opportunity to work in a collaborative and supportive environment with Partner, Michael Morris and other senior lawyers within the Brisbane team, nationally and internationally who are top of their game offering advice to clients that is commercially relevant to their business.
Our TMT practice offers unrivalled depth of experience across the full spectrum: technology, outsourcing, telecommunications, media and broadcasting, data services, privacy and cyber-risk, and intellectual property.
We serve a wide range of clients across multiple sectors: banks, telecoms and media companies, major corporates and government bodies. We also advise a range of start-ups and major corporates investing into the start-up sector through our Allens Accelerate practice.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Demonstrated experience (2-5yr PQE) from a leading TMT/IP practice in Australia or other common law jurisdiction, ideally with direct involvement in the drafting and negotiation of a broad range of IT / telecommunications contracts;
- An ability to manage matters independently and to work effectively in teams on larger matters;
- A desire and ability to grow, both as a lawyer and leader;
- A willingness to build an understanding of clients and develop effective working relationships;
- An ability to establish a professional profile and internal networks; and
- A willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences and networks.
What we'll offer
You will be an integral part of a high performing, cross-practice team.
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and leaders who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers and regular social and sporting activities. Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply
Please apply via our online portal, addressing your application to Christa Howat, Senior Resourcing Consultant, or call Christa on + 61 7 3334 3115 for a confidential discussion.