Allens is a leading international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia.
We have recently been named an elite "band one" firm in 18 practice areas and jurisdictions by Chambers Asia Pacific 2020. We were also awarded Law Firm of the Year (> 500 employees) at the Australasian Law Awards, 2019. This achievement caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
Our highly regarded Real Estate practice group is a full-service, corporate real estate team with broad experience in all aspects of property-related law. Our reputation is based on large projects, and our innovative approach to complex structuring of real estate transactions.
We are growing and following a successful recruitment drive in 2019 alongside a busy year for our Property / Real Estate team nationally, we are now seeking to employ a talented Associate or Senior Associate to join our Melbourne team.
We have extensive experience in the structured acquisition, development, financing and sale of residential, commercial, industrial and retail properties, acting for a wide range of leading Australian and international clients. The range of services provided by the team is varied, and includes advising our clients on:
- Tendering for and structuring property developments and acquisitions.
- Acquisitions and disposals of assets in all property classes, including commercial, retail, industrial, residential and hotels.
- Sale and leaseback transactions.
- Master planned residential developments.
- Tourist resorts and mixed-use developments and operation.
- Joint venture / project management negotiations and documentation.
- Leasing and lease negotiation.
- General real estate issues such as subdivisions, enforcement of securities
As a member of our Real Estate group, you will work in a collaborative environment advising, acting and supporting our clients with their legal issues involved in their real estate transactions. The group works closely with many parts of the firm, including the Funds Management team and the Projects team.
The team supports flexible work practices and is interested in speaking to lawyers wanting to work part-time or full-time.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Extensive experience working in a Real Estate team, ideally at a well-regarded top tier firm, international firm or boutique firm.
- Experience in the acquisition, development and sale of real estate assets.
- A strong academic background.
- An ability to effectively manage smaller matters and discrete elements of larger matters.
- A desire and ability to grow, both as a lawyer and leader.
- A willingness to build an understanding of clients and develop effective working relationships.
- An ability to establish a professional profile and internal networks.
- A willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences and networks.
What we'll offer
At Allens, we’re focused on advancing our industry through equipping our people with the skills and experience they need to be the lawyers of the future. We’re ready to define tomorrow. Are you?
With us, you’ll be more than a lawyer. Our people are technical experts, but they’re also trusted business advisers who think bigger, more broadly and more strategically. Together, we solve complex legal challenges, and collaborate across practice areas and disciplines to guide our clients.
We work across borders too, thanks to our alliance with Linklaters. This strategic partnership opens up worlds of opportunity for our business and our people, including rotations in Linklaters London, Hong Kong and Singapore for our graduate lawyers.
In a rapidly changing world, we seek opportunities to innovate, embracing creative thinking, new approaches and emerging technology. And we don’t just use them to benefit ourselves and our clients. We believe strongly in driving positive change to do right by our community too.
Our teams are open, inclusive and encouraging, giving you the chance to learn and grow, but your development will be down to you. You’ll have the flexibility to drive your career, and we’ll recognise your achievements and hard work as you progress through the firm. Are you ready to begin?
How to apply
We prefer to hear from you directly. Please submit your resume and transcript via our on-line careers site addressed to Charlotte Frith, Resourcing Manager or contact Charlotte for a confidential discussion on +61 03 9613 8983.
This role is open to candidates requiring sponsorship.