Our Information Technology (IT) Department is seeking to employ an experienced Risk and Compliance Officer, to join our Risk and Security team.
As a member of the IT Security and Risk team you will be an integral part of a broader IT team working alongside colleagues from the Operations, Applications, Integration Development and Projects teams.
We are a fun but hardworking team that values respect, inclusivity, innovation and collaboration. You will be advising and supporting the Firm with their IT risk and compliance issues and delivering outstanding service. As a member of our experienced and friendly IT Department within Australia's leading law firm, you will be challenged, supported and guided as you continue to learn and develop during your career at Allens.
As a Risk and Compliance Officer, your role will be varied and could typically include:
- Identify, review, analyse and manage operational risks in business units.
- Implement strategies to prevent, eliminate and mitigate operational risks.
- Monitor and track operational risk issues on a regular basis.
- Prepare and maintain risk management documentation, risk policies and risk reports.
- Provide timely updates of operational risk issues and decisions to managers.
- Work with business units to understand business, drivers, concerns, future plans and offer support to mitigate risk.
- Ensure continuous improvement in operating procedures to avoid risks.
- Ensure compliance with vendor risk management policy.
- Build and development the risk and control framework.
- Develop and improve the business continuity plans of the business units and the firm.
- Support and manage the firms internal and external audits.
The Security & Risk Team works closely with other IT teams, Office of General Counsel and Marketing to support the clients and Firm in relation to third party risk assessments and, identification and remediation of risks.
Your career trajectory
You will have the opportunity to:
- Develop key risk and control indicators to identify and control operational risks.
- Develop risk assessment program and action plans to mitigate operational risks.
- Conduct presentations and workshop sessions on risk identification and mitigation.
We recognise that every employee's experience is different and at Allens, we know that successful and enjoyable careers come through your focus and commitment to being the best you can be, in an environment where you are supported and encouraged and have clarity on key processes and decisions. Our career deal is a key part in achieving this; our deal asks you to take the lead for your career, with us providing the coaching and support to help you meet your goals and aspirations.
What you'll bring
- Experience with ISO27001 or other comparable security frameworks.
- Experience managing internal and external audits.
- A motivated self-starter with experience working autonomously.
- Problem solving skills.
- Experience in process design and documentation.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Experience in a similar role will be highly regarded for this position.
This is a permanent, full-time opportunity for a Risk and Compliance Officer.
Being a part of the Security & Risk team, you will be expected to perform out-of-hours tasks and critical support when required.
Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work.
From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asia region, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like.
Through our alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients a global network of 40 offices in 28 locations. With Allens, you'll work at the cutting edge of the law on the most complex and innovative deals in the market. You'll work with lawyers and professionals at the top of their game who, like you, strive to get a little better every day. And you'll be supported to take your career wherever you want it to go.
What we'll offer
You will be an integral part of a high performing, national team and have an opportunity to work with genuine market leaders.
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and leaders who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers and regular social and sporting activities. Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
Are you ready to begin?
We prefer to hear from you directly.
Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Christa Howat, Senior Resourcing Consultant, or contact Christa for a confidential discussion on +61 7 3334 3115.
If this isn't the position for you, please tell your friends or colleagues about it.