We are looking for a Pricing Analyst / Manager to join our Pricing and Practice Economics Team in Sydney. This is a unique opportunity, perfect for a commercial individual who wants to demonstrate – and further cultivate – their influencing and business partnering experience to become a highly regarded pricing professional, committed to achievement of the firm's strategy.
As a member of Pricing and Practice Economics Team, you will work in a collaborative environment assisting and supporting the Head of Pricing. You'll work closely with many parts of the firm, consulting directly with partners and other stakeholders, and will be challenged, supported and guided as you continue to learn and develop during your career at Allens.
As a Pricing Analyst / Manager, you'll be responsible for implementing the firm's pricing strategy and developing pricing structures to deliver value to clients. Your core responsibilities will include working with our Head of Pricing and Chief Strategy Officer to:
- Support partners and bid teams to develop pricing strategy in preparation and response to client RFPs, including appropriate negotiation support through the entire lifecycle from pursuit.
- Assist partners to plan and respond to requests for estimates or proposals using pricing tools and financial models to assess profitability and owning the development of workable pricing solutions.
- Design, implement and assist partners to manage and improve outcomes under alternative fee arrangements and other pricing arrangements.
- Implement strategic initiatives to that drive improvements in efficiency with which work is performed, driving positive outcomes for clients and the firm.
- Support partners and the Integrated Legal Solutions team to price legal tech products and technology services.
- Promote improved pricing practices within the firm by educating and training legal operatives and partners.
- Contribute to strategic pricing activities and projects that arise from time to time, including the ongoing development of pricing infrastructure for the firm.
As a member of our Pricing and Practice Economics Team, you will partner with many parts of the firm, across various practice groups and departments. You'll work closely with Partners, Commercial Managers, Legal Project Managers, Integrated Legal Solutions, Legal Product Lab and our Innovation Team to develop and deliver elements of the firm's strategic plan.
Your career trajectory
Our Pricing and Practice Economics Team is looking for a Pricing Analyst / Manager who has the desire to learn and develop their career with us. We will support you on your journey and will give you access to our career framework when you join, providing a clear understanding of high performance at each career stage at Allens.
We also recognise that every employee's experience is different and at Allens, we know that successful and enjoyable careers come through your focus and commitment to being the best you can be, in an environment where you are supported and encouraged and have clarity on key processes and decisions. Our career deal is a key part in achieving this; our deal asks you to take the lead for your career, with us providing the coaching and support to help you meet your goals and aspirations.
What you'll bring
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent numeracy skills with an ability to analyse data and build financial models using Excel.
- The ability to influence and drive cultural change with a creative and commercial mindset.
- The ability to manage multiple stakeholders in a fast pace complex environment.
- The ability to coordinate projects and a sound understanding of project management and change management techniques.
- The ability to build relationships with, negotiate, and work collaboratively with people at all levels of the organisation.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Qualifications, or equivalent experience, in Business Development, Pricing, and / or Finance is preferred.
- Certification in project and / or change management methodologies would be valued.
- An ability to establish a professional profile and internal networks.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences and networks.
- A willingness to build an understanding of clients
This is a permanent opportunity for a Pricing Analyst / Manager. We will consider candidates looking for full or part-time flexible work arrangements.
Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work.
From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asia region, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like.
Through our alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients a global network of 40 offices in 28 locations. With Allens, you'll work at the cutting edge of the law on the most complex and innovative deals in the market. You'll work with lawyers and professionals at the top of their game who, like you, strive to get a little better every day. And you'll be supported to take your career wherever you want it to go.
What we'll offer
You will be an integral part of a high performing, national team and have an opportunity to work with genuine market leaders.
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and leaders who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers and regular social and sporting activities. Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
Are you ready to begin?
We prefer to hear from you directly.
Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Charlotte Frith, Senior National Resourcing Manager or contact Charlotte for a confidential discussion on + 61 3 9613 8983.
If this isn't the position for you, please tell your friends or colleagues about it.