We’re looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager to join our Legal Product Lab.
You’ll design, deliver and execute end-to-end innovation and product development strategy while supporting the firm's people and clients in their own growth and learning.
The role requires commercial savvy, an experimentation mindset and the ability to pragmatically assess and measure the potential success of ideas quickly.
It also requires the leadership capability and experience to explore and build business cases for future evolution of products; to develop go-to-market and sales plans for initiatives; and then bring them to fruition.
The role will drive the success of a portfolio of products in the market, in partnership with Product Sponsors, Product Owners and cross-functional teams. You'll be clued into industry, environment, technology, product and market trends to help research and source near-term through longer term ideas. We're changing how we change which can be challenging so you’ll need the dedication to get back up when an initiative falters.
Our newly created Legaltech Product Lab consists of innovation, technology, product, design and strategy specialists. We educate and encourage people across the firm to work on the development of new technologies and processes. This approach does more than benefit our clients. New tools and ways of working enhances our own capability, allowing us to assist on increasingly complex matters. Ultimately, we want to help our people and clients to continuously improve, iterate and learn, not just build things.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the strategic agile product roadmap and be accountable for prioritisation of portfolio, practice group and client initiatives and set the product vision and strategy based upon those initiatives.
- Create, influence and execute on the vision and strategy for Allens Legaltech products.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and clients to translate business goals into product goals, experiments, then products.
- Convert development and understanding of product value into sales opportunities for the firm; and facilitate client collaboration and dialogue to support this activity across verticals and channels to achieve sales growth targets.
- Represent the needs of clients to lead and guide ongoing product development improvement and investment.
- Champion the client voice to ensure excellent user experience and to prioritise product requirements and enhancements.
- Develop appropriate key performance goals and track progress with regular reporting as we scale our offering.
- Undertake financial forecasting to ensure revenue is accurately reported on an ongoing basis.
- Be a change champion and role model new ways of working; supporting a learning organisation to achieve innovation growth objectives.
- Act as an internal educator and advocate when required, communicating complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
Your career trajectory
Every career journey is different. At Allens we know that successful and enjoyable careers come through your focus and commitment to being the best you can be, in an environment where you are supported and encouraged, and have clarity on key processes and decisions. Our Career deal is a key part in achieving this; our deal asks you to take the lead for your career, with us providing the coaching and support to help you meet your goals and aspirations.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Substantial experience gained in any of Innovation, Product Labs, Product Management, Product Delivery, Digital Product Development, Product Strategy, Portfolio Management, Leadership, Technology or a related field.
- Technology background and/or experience working with technology teams and digital and tech products.
- Experience delivering revenue-generating products.
- Strong understanding of contemporary application related technologies and development approaches.
- Experience creating and executing a portfolio and product roadmap and a track record of delivering against this plan.
- Ability to rapidly understand strategy and translate it through to execution.
- Exposure with agile methodologies.
- Familiarity and experience in the demands of creating cultural change driven by disruptive technologies.
- Ability to oversee a stringent process including associated compliance, quality control and risk
- Strong problem solving capability with a solutions focus.
- High degree of resilience, flexibility, and ability to work across the end to end product management cycle.
In addition, you will be commercially astute and adept in new ways of working tools, techniques and behaviours to identify problems, issues, opportunities to be generated into innovative digital or adjacent products for in a traditionally conservative internal environment and external market.
- We support flexible work practices and encourage working from home within our team.
- We are also interested in speaking to candidates wanting to work either full-time or 4 days/week.
Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work.
From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asia region, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like.
Through our alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients a global network of 40 offices in 28 locations. With Allens, you'll work at the cutting edge of the law on the most complex and innovative deals in the market. You'll work with lawyers and professionals at the top of their game who, like you, strive to get a little better every day. And you'll be supported to take your career wherever you want it to go.
What we'll offer
You will be an integral part of a high performing, national team and have an opportunity to work with genuine market leaders.
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and leaders who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers and regular social and sporting activities. Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
Are you ready to begin?
We prefer to hear from you directly.
Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Lily Petrova, Resourcing Manager or contact Lily for a confidential discussion on + 61 3 9613 8743.