• Managing leadership and professional development programs from design, development and implementation in consultation with the Head of Learning & Development and other key stakeholders
• Facilitation of virtual and in-person classroom sessions using a range of techniques and approaches across business, professional and team building topics
• Pre and post session coaching and debriefing sessions with learners and their support networks to extend classroom learning on-the-job
• Liaison with external providers to partner on solutions
• Consultation with external clients to design and facilitate client training events
• Providing input and expert advice into learning solution design
• Occasional interstate travel for face-to-face facilitation events
At Allens we think that learning is far more than formal classroom development – it's a complex and interrelated experience incorporating culture, beliefs, mindset, behaviour, habits, experience and skills – often taking place on the go and in everyday situations. The Learning & Development team at Allens partners with internal and external experts to experiment with new ways to drive change at a personal, team and organisational level. We use Human Centred Design to empathise with our learners, design thinking concepts to test and learn, agile approaches to be responsive, and a deep understanding of adult learning to build cutting edge solutions.
Your career trajectory
You will have a desire to learn and develop your career. We will support you on your journey and will give you access to our career framework when you join, providing a clear understanding of high performance at each career stage at Allens.
We also recognise that every employee's experience is different and at Allens, we know that successful and enjoyable careers come through your focus and commitment to being the best you can be, in an environment where you are supported and encouraged and have clarity on key processes and decisions. Our career deal is a key part in achieving this; our deal asks you to take the lead for your career, with us providing the coaching and support to help you meet your goals and aspirations.
What you'll bring
• 5+ years’ experience in facilitation, ideally in leadership development, with a focus on engagement
• Experience in the design and delivery of leadership development programs
• Ability to challenge the status quo and introduce new approaches to learning that work in the Allens context
• An understanding of and passion for a human-centred design approach to learning
• Demonstrated business partnering capabilities, with proven experience in developing deep stakeholder relationships and the capacity to influence and challenge key stakeholders
• Consulting with the business to design and deliver learning to all staff in multiple formats (group face-to-face facilitation, virtual facilitation and on-line)
• Strong listening skills, clarifies and probes for understanding
• Ability to navigate a complex stakeholder environment and build relationships
• Strategic thinker with a results driven attitude
• Strong problem solving skills and an adaptable and proactive personality with a willingness to take ownership
• Ability to work both autonomously and within a high performing team
• Receptive to feedback and continual improvement
• Project management and relationship management skills will be required to ensure initiatives are delivered on time, within budget and to expected standards
• Tertiary qualifications in business, HR or equivalent would be an advantage
This is a permanent position. Allens supports flexible work practices and we are interested in speaking to candidates looking to work either full-time or four days a week.
We support a hybrid working model where working from home part of the week is the norm.
Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work.
From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asia region, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like.
Through our alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients a global network of 40 offices in 28 locations. With Allens, you'll work at the cutting edge of the law on the most complex and innovative deals in the market. You'll work with lawyers and professionals at the top of their game who, like you, strive to get a little better every day. And you'll be supported to take your career wherever you want it to go.
What we'll offer
You will be an integral part of a high performing, national team and have an opportunity to work with genuine market leaders.
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and leaders who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers and regular social and sporting activities. Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
Are you ready to begin?
We prefer to hear from you directly.
Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Lily Petrova, Resourcing Manager.
If this isn't the position for you, please tell your friends or colleagues about it.