The purpose of this role is to project manage our talent, engagement and performance processes which support our strategy and help to drive a positive employee experience at Allens.
Our Talent and Engagement team is a Centre of Expertise within the broader People and Development Department at Allens. As a Talent and Engagement Consultant/Senior Consultant, you will help shape the future by:
• Aligning our performance, reward and career frameworks with firm strategy and direction.
• Supporting the progression of talent in line with growth aspirations.
• Fostering a compelling career experience where people feel connected, valued, supported and inspired.
The key areas of responsibility for our team are broad and varied and include:
• Promotions, remuneration reviews and Incentives
• Firmwide benefits offering and employee recognition
• Pulse and engagement survey framework
• Employee engagement.
As a member of our Talent and Engagement Team, you will work in a collaborative, fun environment with people who care about your personal and professional growth, development and success. As a member of our experienced and friendly People and Development department, within Australia's leading law firm, you will be challenged, supported and guided as you continue to learn and develop during your career at Allens.
As a Talent and Engagement Consultant/Senior Consultant, your responsibilities in this role will include supporting the design, change management and implementation of initiatives which drive positive employee career experience, and support the cultural shifts that we want to embed.
Such initiatives may include:
• Designing and managing performance, talent planning and progression processes and frameworks to align with strategy and support a consistent, positive career experience.
• Integrating firmwide approaches to development planning into the talent cycle.
• Implementing and managing a continuous listening framework, which facilitates sentiment and pulse checking of employee experience and engagement.
• Liaising with the relevant People and Development and Corporate Services teams to prepare reports, data and analytics to support talent, performance and engagement activities, projects and processes.
• Developing effective communications and messaging for a range of audiences.
It is a requirement of all of the People & Development department to support each other's growth and development of as well as the social and cultural fabric of the broader People & Development team.
Our talent and performance systems, frameworks and processes are designed to support and enhance the careers of all our employees and partners – they are the firm's talent.
Our team works very closely with the People & Development Consulting (our HR Business Partners) and our People & Development Operations teams to design, communicate and implement firmwide talent and engagement initiatives.
In your role as a Talent and Engagement Consultant/Senior Consultant, you will be required to build effective relationships with stakeholders across the firm, including the Enterprise Insights Team, Commercial Managers, Marketing and Client Services, the Marketing & Communications Team and other Corporate Services, Secretarial and Legal Staff nationally.
Your career trajectory
Our Talent and Engagement Team is looking for an experienced Talent and Engagement Consultant/Senior Consultant, who has the desire to learn and develop their career with us. We will support you on your journey and will give you access to our career framework when you join, providing a clear understanding of high performance at each career stage at Allens.
We also recognise that every employee's experience is different, and at Allens we know that successful and enjoyable careers come through your focus and commitment to being the best you can be, in an environment where you are supported and encouraged and have clarity on key processes and decisions. Our career deal is a key part in achieving this; our deal asks you to take the lead for your career, with us providing the coaching and support to help you meet your goals and aspirations.
What you'll bring
• A tertiary qualification in Human Resources, Psychology, or other related discipline.
• Qualifications in project or change management or similar is also desirable.
• Professional services. Finance or legal sector experience is highly desirable.
• Experience in a similar role, which has ideally involved design, project management and implementation of significant People/HR processes or projects.
• Strong project management experience and capability.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong numerical reasoning and analytical ability.
• Strong stakeholder relationship skills, including the ability to facilitate thinking and build confidence in processes and proposed solutions.
• An ability to work under pressure.
• Proficient in use of technology and Microsoft programs, including Excel and PowerPoint.
The position will be best suited to someone who has:
• Strong partnering and collaborations skills, with demonstrated experience in driving change across a business as well as within a People & Development department.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• A flexible, proactive style and a willingness to take ownership.
• A consultative approach with strong stakeholder engagement capabilities, across multiple stakeholders at once.
This is a full time position covering parental leave for a minimum of 12 months, on a fixed term contract.
We will consider candidates looking for part-time flexible work arrangements too, and encourage you to enquire and discuss your options with us.
We offer a Hybrid working environment so you will be able to flex your time in the office and working from home if you wish.
Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work.
From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asia region, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like.
Through our alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients a global network of 40 offices in 28 locations. With Allens, you'll work at the cutting edge of the law on the most complex and innovative deals in the market. You'll work with lawyers and professionals at the top of their game who, like you, strive to get a little better every day. And you'll be supported to take your career wherever you want it to go.
What we'll offer
You will be an integral part of a high performing, national team and have an opportunity to work with genuine market leaders.
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and leaders who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers and regular social and sporting activities. Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
Are you ready to begin?
We prefer to hear from you directly.
Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Lily Petrova, Resourcing Manager.