We are seeking a Learning & Development Advisor to join our People & Development team. You will be our resident LMS expert as well as being responsible for the co-ordination and administration of our national learning programs. The role will offer you a dynamic and supportive team and the opportunity to apply your experience in learning management systems (LMS). Key responsibilities of this role include:
• Administration support for all L&D programs, coordinating training program course set up and ongoing delivery, including liaising with internal and external contract facilitators.
• Support all configuration and maintenance of the LMS for national L&D programs, including updating content and assets, ensuring that it is current and in line with policy and strategy.
• Testing content within the LMS to ensure that it is 'fit for purpose' before rolling out and implementing once testing is complete.
• Working with the L&D team as well as with external vendors to provide support wherever necessary.
• Troubleshooting problems and system errors and supporting staff with any queries that they have relating to the LMS.
• Acting as the main liaison to the LMS vendor for support tickets, ensuring speedy resolution for internal stakeholders
• Handling logistics for training activities including venues, catering, and equipment.
• Be a main point of contact for all participant enquiries including reminders about module dates, rescheduling of workshops and general enquiries.
• Coding invoices and processing supplier contracts and paperwork.
• Preparing training material, including templating, formatting, printing and binding.
• Collating feedback from training events and running scheduled reports as necessary.
• Assisting with design and updating of the L&D intranet pages.
At Allens we think that learning is far more than formal classroom development – it's a complex and interrelated experience incorporating culture, beliefs, mindset, behaviour, habits, experience and skills – often taking place on the go and in everyday situations. The Learning & Development team at Allens partners with internal and external experts to experiment with new ways to drive change at a personal, team and organisational level. We use Human Centred Design to empathise with our learners, design thinking concepts to test and learn, agile approaches to be responsive, and a deep understanding of adult learning to build cutting edge solutions.
Your career trajectory
You will have a desire to learn and develop your career. We will support you on your journey and will give you access to our career framework when you join, providing a clear understanding of high performance at each career stage at Allens.
We also recognise that every employee's experience is different and at Allens, we know that successful and enjoyable careers come through your focus and commitment to being the best you can be, in an environment where you are supported and encouraged and have clarity on key processes and decisions. Our career deal is a key part in achieving this; our deal asks you to take the lead for your career, with us providing the coaching and support to help you meet your goals and aspirations.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
• Experience in a similar role working with HR technology (preferably a cloud based LMS), ideally in a professional services organisation.
• Exceptional administration and computer skills.
• Ability to navigate a complex stakeholder environment and build relationships.
• Highly consultative approach with exceptional stakeholder engagement.
• Results driven attitude.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong problem solving skills and an adaptable and proactive personality with a willingness to take ownership.
• Strong time management and project management skills with an ability to work effectively under pressure.
• Ability to work both autonomously and within a high performing team.
• Tertiary qualifications in business, HR, Computer Science, Instructional Design or equivalent would be an advantage. Will consider people working towards tertiary qualifications.
This is a permanent, full-time position.
We support a hybrid working model where working from home part of the week is the norm.
Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work.
From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asia region, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like.
Through our alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients a global network of 40 offices in 28 locations. With Allens, you'll work at the cutting edge of the law on the most complex and innovative deals in the market. You'll work with lawyers and professionals at the top of their game who, like you, strive to get a little better every day. And you'll be supported to take your career wherever you want it to go.
What we'll offer
You will be an integral part of a high performing, national team and have an opportunity to work with genuine market leaders.
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and leaders who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers and regular social and sporting activities. Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
Are you ready to begin?
We prefer to hear from you directly.
Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Lily Petrova, Resourcing Manager.
If this isn't the position for you, please tell your friends or colleagues about it.