Our national team advises fund managers and sponsors, super trustees, banks and other financial services providers. We're now recruiting an Associate/Senior Associate to join our Sydney office with specialist knowledge and experience in funds.
Our highly regarded Funds, Superannuation & Wealth (FSW) Team sits within the broader Allens Corporate Practice. We work in a close-knit, growing and dynamic team, acting for some of Australia's leading fund managers, super trustees, banks, institutional investors and financial services providers across a range of industry sectors. We provide access to a broad range of both transactional and advisory work.
Allens has one of the leading funds practices in Australia. We have extensive experience in all aspects of funds management, superannuation, insurance, banking, anti-money laundering and financial services law.
As a lawyer within our FSW Team, your role will include advising leading Australian and global fund managers, sponsors and GPs in:
- Fund formation and capital raising – retail and wholesale, listed and unlisted, trust/limited partnership/company structures, including disclosure documents
- LP investments – investments by institutional investors in funds investing across diverse asset classes (private equity, hedge, infrastructure, real estate etc)
- Fund investments – advising funds on direct and indirect investments across a range of traditional and emerging asset classes. This often includes upstream investment structuring and co-investment/consortium arrangements
- Fund-related M&A and restructures
We act for many of Australia's largest banks, superannuation and investment funds, and for global fund managers, sovereign wealth funds and pension funds.
You will have access to the firm's extensive client base to explore and develop new opportunities and deliver outstanding service. You will act for a wide range of clients, each with unique and challenging work environments. We mobilise quickly, listen to client concerns and base your recommendations on what's most important to them.
Your career trajectory
We are in a significant growth phase and we are looking to expand our funds practice with a high calibre Associate/Senior Associate. As a member of our experienced and friendly team within Australia's leading law firm, you will be challenged, supported and guided as you continue to learn and develop during your career at Allens.
We will support you on your journey and will give you access to our career framework when you join, providing a clear understanding of what high performance at each career stage as a lawyer at Allens looks like.
We also recognise that every employee's experience is different, and at Allens we know that successful and enjoyable careers come through your focus and commitment to being the best you can be, in an environment where you are supported and encouraged, and have clarity on key processes and decisions. Our career deal is a key part in achieving this; our deal asks you to take the lead for your career, with us providing the coaching and support to help you meet your goals and aspirations.
What you'll bring
- Experience working in funds for both sponsors/GPs and investors/LPs, ideally from a leading top tier, national or international firm, or an in-house team, and ideally with experience of both Australian and offshore fund structures.
- A desire to specialise in all aspects of the law pertaining to investment funds, while developing generalist expertise across the FSW practice.
- Strong analytical, communication and advice writing skills.
- An ability to effectively manage larger matters.
- A willingness to participate in business development activities, such as pitch documents, firm-wide pursuits, article writing, attending industry events and hosting seminars.
- An ability to establish a professional profile and internal networks.
- A willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences and networks.
- A willingness to build an understanding of clients and develop effective working relationships.
This is a permanent opportunity for a Funds, Super & Wealth Associate/Senior Associate.
Allens supports flexible work practices and we are interested in speaking to lawyers wanting to work either part‑time or full-time.
We also support a hybrid working model, where working from home is part of the norm.
Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work.
From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asia region, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like.
Through our alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients a global network of 40 offices in 28 locations. With Allens, you'll work at the cutting edge of the law on the most complex and innovative deals in the market. You'll work with lawyers and professionals at the top of their game who, like you, strive to get a little better every day. And you'll be supported to take your career wherever you want it to go.
What we'll offer
You will be an integral part of a high performing, national team and have an opportunity to work with genuine market leaders.
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and leaders who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers and regular social and sporting activities. Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
Are you ready to begin?
We prefer to hear from you directly.
Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Thomas Wigglesworth, Senior Resourcing Consultant, or contact Thomas for a confidential discussion on +61 449 539 834.
If this isn't the position for you, please tell your friends or colleagues about it.
Our Funds, Super & Wealth team is recruiting a number of other roles across the team, which may align to your career goals.