We have an opportunity for an experienced Assistant Company Secretary to join our Company Secretariat team in our Sydney office.
Allens Company Secretariat provides professional company secretarial services of the highest standard to external clients of the firm and assistance in relation to company secretarial matters to lawyers within the Firm.
- Working with the Company Secretary to provide company secretarial and compliance services to a portfolio of external (local and foreign) and internal clients in accordance with the relevant Corporations Act requirements;
- Providing company secretarial services to clients including reservation of company names, incorporation and deregistration of Australian companies, registration and deregistration of foreign companies, corporate and trust registry maintenance, attending to financial reporting requirements of Australian and foreign companies and annual company reviews of client companies;
- Assisting lawyers with corporate and commercial transactions such as share sale/purchase transactions, due diligence reviews, company restructures, share issues, capital reductions and share transfers;
- Creating and maintaining master lists of client companies from a financial reporting perspective; and
- Conducting due diligence reviews of corporate statutory records.
Your clients are external clients and internal stakeholders across the Firm.
Your career trajectory
Our team is looking for an Experienced Assistant Company secretary, who has the desire to learn and develop their career with us. We will support you on your journey and will give you access to our career framework when you join, providing a clear understanding of high performance at each career stage at Allens.
We also recognise that every employee's experience is different, and at Allens we know that successful and enjoyable careers come through your focus and commitment to being the best you can be, in an environment where you are supported and encouraged and have clarity on key processes and decisions. Our career deal is a key part in achieving this; our deal asks you to take the lead for your career, with us providing the coaching and support to help you meet your goals and aspirations.
What you'll bring
- Experience in an assistant or company secretarial role, preferably within a law firm, accounting practice, company secretarial environment or company.
- Knowledge of the Corporations Act and company reporting requirements.
- Excellent computer skills. A strong working knowledge of the Corporate Affairs System (CAS) software package is preferred.
- A commitment to excellence in client service, coupled with strong interpersonal skills, confidence and the ability to build rapport with clients (internal and external).
- A very high level of accuracy and attention to detail, with the ability to organise and prioritise work independently and deliver to tight deadlines.
- The ability to work well within a team environment.
- A high degree of diplomacy and discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- The ability to generate ideas and demonstrate initiative.
- Formal qualifications in either commerce, accounting, economics or law and/or qualifications from Governance Institute of Australia, would be desirable but not essential
This is a full time, 12 month fixed term role based in our Sydney office.
We support a hybrid working model where working from home part of the week is the norm.
Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work.
From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asia region, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like.
Through our alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients a global network of 40 offices in 28 locations. With Allens, you'll work at the cutting edge of the law on the most complex and innovative deals in the market. You'll work with lawyers and professionals at the top of their game who, like you, strive to get a little better every day. And you'll be supported to take your career wherever you want it to go.
There is enormous strength in the unique backgrounds and life experiences our people bring to the firm. Our culture and performance is enriched by our differences across gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, cultural and social diversity, age, ability, and family and caring arrangements. We encourage applications from First Nations peoples.
What we'll offer
You will be an integral part of a high performing, national team and have an opportunity to work with genuine market leaders.
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and leaders who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers and regular social and sporting activities. Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
Are you ready to begin?
We prefer to hear from you directly.
Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Courtney Reynolds, Senior Resourcing Consultant or contact Courtney for a confidential discussion at Courtney.Reynolds@allens.com.au
If this isn't the position for you, please tell your friends or colleagues about it.