The Head of Legal Product Lab is responsible for overseeing the legal product development function in the firm. You will lead the firm in the ideation, design, development and implementation of legal practice efficiency solutions and new legal products for our clients. Our innovation product function will be enabled by your deep understanding of the evolving legal and legal technology landscape, your expertise in best-practice product development and your ability to bring people together to deliver on the firm's innovation agenda. You will have the ability to assess the market and uncover client and practice group needs to ensure that resources and investment are prioritised to the most impactful initiatives, aligned with our aspirations.
In addition to product development, you will identify, design, deliver and implement legal process optimisation and automation initiatives to realise cost, profit and lawyer experience improvements. You will be responsible for identifying strategic innovation opportunities for the firm, building the vision and goals for product strategy, establish priorities for investment and be a key contributor to the firm's digital transformation agenda.
Reporting to, and working closely with, our Chief Innovation & Legal Solutions Officer you will be an evangelist for change across the firm, providing input into the formulation of the firm's innovation strategy and then executing on that strategy. You will play a key role in building the Allens innovation brand in the market and proactively build our reputation as a leader in innovation, legal process optimisation and applied legal technology services.
Our Product Lab team sits within the Innovation & Digital Solutions (IDS) group, working alongside our legal Practice Groups and Corporate Services business partners. You'll be joining one of the largest and most advanced innovation and legal technology teams in Australia - one that has been named Australia and New Zealand’s Most Innovative Companies by The Australian Financial Review for the fourth year running! Comprising more than 100 people nationally, our IDS group is market leading in its development and application of digital solutions and alternative resourcing options for our clients.
You'll have the opportunity to work alongside individuals with legal, technical and project management qualifications, providing you with exposure to a wealth of knowledge, experience and development opportunities.
In this role you will lead a team of Product Managers and Analysts and oversee the work of cross-functional teams focussed on product initiatives.
What you'll bring
- A minimum of ten years' experience in innovation, digital transformation, legal operations or product development roles, preferably in professional services organisations.
- A proven track record in the creation of successful client products to market and/or internal practice efficiency solutions.
- Experience leading an innovation or product development function, including establishing product design processes and investment frameworks.
- Deep understanding of the legal services market, industry trends and the legal technology landscape.
- Excellent client facing skills along with a track record of establishing and maintaining effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Highly consultative approach with exceptional stakeholder engagement capabilities across multiple stakeholders, including at executive level as well as clients.
- A capacity to develop a product development strategy to drive growth, efficiency and value creation, including identifying opportunities and solutions through effective collaboration, planning and analysis.
- Strong people management experience with a track record of building team capability, driving commercial outcomes and delivery to clients.
- Ability to oversee product manager/s with an understanding how to align resources, seek input of key stakeholders and manage others to achieve desired results.
- Ability to be a visionary, contribute to strategic development as well as successful execution
- Strong partnering and collaboration skills with demonstrated experience in influencing change across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Open and collaborative style; you will be comfortable working in an environment where ideas are shared and challenged.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Creative, future focused, high energy individual focused on delivery.
- Ability to oversee the preparation of business cases with an understanding of financial analysis.
- Experience with building relationships and managing third party suppliers, including technology vendors.
- Aligned and suitable university qualifications.
Allens supports flexible work practices and we are interested in speaking to candidates wanting to work either full or part time. We also support a hybrid working model, where working from home is part of the norm.
Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work. From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asia region, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like.
Through our alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients a global network of 40 offices in 28 locations. With Allens, you'll work at the cutting edge of the law on the most complex and innovative deals in the market. You'll work with lawyers and professionals at the top of their game who, like you, strive to get a little better every day. And you'll be supported to take your career wherever you want it to go.
What we'll offer
You will be an integral part of a high performing, national team and have an opportunity to work with genuine market leaders. At Allens, we provide a learning environment that develops you personally and professionally. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and grow your skill at every opportunity.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers and regular social and sporting activities. Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply
Please apply online or call Shannon Lyndon-Lugg on +61 3 9613 8790 for a confidential discussion.
Our culture is made up of unique backgrounds and varying life experiences. It's what makes us the high-performing firm we are today. We celebrate our people's differences across gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability and family and caring arrangements. Here, you will experience what it's like to be able to bring your whole self to work. We strongly encourage applications from First Nations people.