Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work. From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asian region, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like. Our alliance with Linklaters connects our clients and teams with an international network of legal leaders that spans 40 offices in 28 countries.
We value personal growth and career progression equally. Through our in-depth career coaching, focus on innovation, and international secondment program, we aim to create future leaders in the legal industry.
We are growing our Melbourne Real Estate practice and as a result we are looking for a talented Senior Associate to join our full-service, corporate Real Estate team. This is a fantastic role for someone looking for broad experience across all aspects of real estate law, with a particular focus on the development of commercial real estate and infrastructure projects. This role may also appeal to you if you are looking to accelerate your career, applying your existing expertise to cutting edge, global transactions – this is a career maker opportunity!
Our clients work with us because of our diverse teams, market leading quality and service. We have a strong track record in advising on large-scale and unique development projects and bringing an innovative approach to the complex structuring of those deals.
The range of services provided by the Real Estate Group is varied. Your role within the team could typically include advising our clients on:
- Significant commercial development, urban renewal and infrastructure projects, including commercial office towers, industrial facilities, build-to-rent projects, mixed use precincts and renewable energy projects.
- Acquisitions and disposals of assets of all types of property classes, including commercial, retail, industrial, residential and hotels.
- Sale and leaseback transactions.
- Master planned residential developments.
- Tourist resorts and mixed-use developments and operation.
- Joint venture and co-ownership arrangements;
- Leasing and lease negotiation.
- General real estate issues such as subdivisions, enforcement of securities
This is a permanent, full-time opportunity however we support flexibility, and would be happy to discuss what arrangements would work best for you. We also support a hybrid working model, where working from home, and the office, is part of our norm.
You will have:
- Experience working in a Real Estate team, ideally at a reputable law firm, international law firm or boutique firm.
- Experience in the acquisition, development and sale of real estate assets.
- A strong academic background.
- An ability to effectively manage matters.
- A willingness to participate in business development activities, such as pitch documents, firm-wide pursuits, article writing, attending industry events and hosting seminars.
- A desire and ability to grow, both as a Real Estate Lawyer and leader.
- A strong team ethic.
- An ability to establish a professional profile and internal networks.
- Proven ability developing others through mentoring and sharing experiences and networks.
- An understanding of clients and a natural ability to develop effective working relationships.
In joining Allens, you will become an integral part of a high-performing firm and work with people and leaders who help you become the best you can be. You will gain exceptional training that develops you professionally and personally. You will be challenged, supported and guided as you work on the most complex matters in the market.
Our unique Career Deal allows you to take control of your career and provides a transparent approach to career development. Our international alliance with Linklaters means we are able to support secondments all over the world.
Our benefits include:
- Financial: market competitive fixed remuneration; generous incentive plan that recognises both billable and broader contribution, salary continuance insurance, employee recruitment referral program, discounts at hundreds of suppliers including retail outlets, health and travel insurance, charity matched funding program.
- Health and wellbeing: fully subsidised gym memberships, annual flu vaccinations, skin checks, in-house snacks and catered meals, subsidised sporting and social activities, emergency childcare, Employee Assistance Program including confidential counselling, wellbeing coaching and financial coaching for employees and their families and regular wellbeing sessions with our in-house consulting Psychologist.
- Flexibility: hybrid and flexible working arrangements to support you in your work and life commitments and passions, equipment to support working from home.
- Leave: ability to purchase additional annual leave, access to an enhanced, inclusive and flexible parental leave policy – 26 weeks paid parental leave with no minimum service for permanent employees and high quality executive coaching to support the transition.
- Recognition: team based recognition including social activities and contribution based recognition activities, and annual Allens Values Awards to nominate and recognise the incredible contributions of our people.
Allens is also proud to invest in our communities, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply?
We'd love to hear from you so please click "apply now". If you would like to find out more head to Careers at Allens or for a confidential discussion, phone Rebecca Lyness, Senior Resourcing Consultant, on +61 2 9230 4616