As a member of our Integrated Legal Solutions (ILS) team, you will work in a collaborative environment assisting our national team to deliver market leading and cost-effective data management, analysis and review solutions to our Firm and clients directly.
Our Integrated Legal Solutions (ILS) team provides specialised data management, analysis and document review solutions to support our disputes, investigations and transaction matters as well as clients directly.
You'll be joining one of the largest legal technology teams in Australia and one that has been named Australia and New Zealand’s Most Innovative Companies by The Australian Financial Review for the third year running.
You'll have the opportunity to work alongside individuals with legal, technical and project management qualifications, providing you with exposure to a wealth of knowledge and experience.
As a Consultant, you will work with Site Managers and Senior Consultants in leading the supervision and delivery of ILS services which include matter related database, electronic discovery, virtual data room, electronic deal room, document management and paralegal solutions that enable legal teams to provide quality commercial matter results. Your responsibilities in this role could typically include:
- Provide legal information/technical solutions consistent with nationally agreed standards
- Assist in the development and delivery of national lawyer learning and development programs for ILS solutions to build the capability of the team and drive high performance
- Work with Managers and Senior Consultants to scope, plan, cost, schedule and assess commercial, legal and technical risks for all work
- Coordinate team resources, manage stakeholder expectations and consistently deliver projects on time, on budget and to desired quality
- Contribute ideas to new ILS strategic initiatives, workflow and technical solutions that are commercial and meet lawyer/client business needs
- Build networks and trusted advisor relationships, share knowledge and act as a role model, coach and mentor
You will work closely with partners, lawyers and clients across various practice groups as well as with members from various departments including IT, P&D and other corporate services teams.
Your career trajectory
Our Integrated Legal Solutions team is looking for a Consultant who has the desire to learn and develop their career with us. We will support you on your journey and will give you access to our career framework when you join, providing a clear understanding of high performance at each career stage at Allens.
We also recognise that every employee's experience is different and at Allens, we know that successful and enjoyable careers come through your focus and commitment to being the best you can be, in an environment where you are supported and encouraged and have clarity on key processes and decisions. Our career deal is a key part in achieving this; our deal asks you to take the lead for your career, with us providing the coaching and support to help you meet your goals and aspirations.
What you'll bring
- A strong background in information management, information technology, project management and/or law
- Experience in legal technology, experience in litigation eDiscovery or corporate due diligence is highly desirable
- A degree or equivalent experience in legal information management, information technology, computer science or law
- Advanced skills in MS Access, Excel, SQL Server, HTML, XML, PowerPoint and MS Project
- Excellent communication and consulting skills and experience in communicating technical issues and outcomes to a non-technical audience
- An ability to work as part of a team and with people at varying levels
- Strong project management skills
- Broad based knowledge in legal systems/processes including litigation and due diligence with a working knowledge of relevant Court rules and practice directions
- A willingness to establish a professional profile and network and build effective working relationships
- A willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing knowledge and experiences
This is a full time, permanent opportunity, and candidates looking for flexible work arrangements will be considered.
We also support a hybrid working model, where working from home is the norm.
Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work.
From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asia region, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like.
Through our alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients a global network of 40 offices in 28 locations. With Allens, you'll work at the cutting edge of the law on the most complex and innovative deals in the market. You'll work with lawyers and professionals at the top of their game who, like you, strive to get a little better every day. And you'll be supported to take your career wherever you want it to go.
What we'll offer
You will be an integral part of a high performing, national team and have an opportunity to work with genuine market leaders.
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and leaders who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers and regular social and sporting activities. Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
Are you ready to begin?
Please apply online or phone Thomas Wigglesworth, Senior Resourcing Consultant, for a confidential discussion on + 61 3 9613 8765.
Our culture is made up of unique backgrounds and varying life experiences. It's what makes us the high-performing firm we are today. We celebrate our people's differences across gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability and family and caring arrangements. Here, you will experience what it's like to be able to bring your whole self to work. We strongly encourage applications from First Nations people.