Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work. From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asian region, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like. Our alliance with Linklaters connects our clients and teams with an international network of legal leaders that spans 40 offices in 28 countries.
We value personal growth and career progression equally. Through our in-depth career coaching, focus on innovation, and international secondment program, we aim to create future leaders in the legal industry.
We are looking for a Review Services Project Manager to join our team in Melbourne. This role will provide you with an opportunity to develop the strategic plan for matters to ensure specific client needs are met, while also contributing to projects across our innovation network..
As part of our wider Integrated Digital Solutions team, you will be joining one of Australia's largest legal technology teams where we have been recognised in the Australian Financial Review's Most Innovative Companies list for the past four years. Our people are technical experts, but they’re also trusted business advisers who think bigger, more broadly and more strategically. Together, we aim to play a leadership role in advancing the legal industry, ensuring our business processes support us to be modern, innovative and efficient, while exploring areas beyond traditional law that align with our core business and clients' needs.
This is where you fit in.
As a Project Manager in our Review Services team you will:
- Project manage a wide variety of document review work on multiple matters, including regulatory, litigation and transaction based matters;
- Be responsible for team performance on matters that you are leading;
- Use strong technical skills in the application of a wide variety of legal technology used on projects;
- Explain review and technology strategies in a compelling and user-friendly way as part of consulting on matter, business development opportunities and pitches;
- Develop strong professional working relationships with partners, lawyers, clients, colleagues, Corporate Services teams and external providers;
- Assist with the recruitment and coaching of the Review Services team members;
- Assist ILS Heads of and Managers in developing and implementing the review services strategies to meet market demands and drive change.
This is a permanent, full-time opportunity however we support flexibility, and would be happy to discuss what arrangements would work best for you. We also support a hybrid working model, where working from home, and the office, is part of our norm.
You will have:
- A Legal qualification, with 3-5 years' experience practising as a lawyer or supervising managed review teams (required)
- Experience leading teams of lawyers or paralegals on large scale document review projects;
- Outsourcing and legal technology experience, especially in litigation eDiscovery or corporate due diligence is required;
- Excellent written and verbal communication, consulting and interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and motivate teams;
- Sound business development, analytical and project management skills to facilitate strong business relationships with partners, lawyers and contractors;
- The ability to deliver under pressure and work to tight deadlines, and enjoy being organised and meticulous with thorough and methodical work practices;
- An in-depth understanding of large scale document review processes either for litigation or due diligence and project management experience;
- A degree or equivalent experience in project management, legal information management, information technology or computer science (highly desirable);
- A desire to learn, grow, network, mentor others; and
- A story to tell - there is enormous strength in the unique backgrounds and life experiences our people bring to the firm. Our people's differences across gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, cultural and social diversity, age, ability, and family and caring arrangements enrich our firm. We strongly encourage applications from First Nations peoples.
This is also a great opportunity for a practicing Disputes Resolution or Competition Lawyer looking to step away from a practising role and wants to explore what else the Legal industry has to offer.
Our benefits include:
- Financial: market competitive fixed remuneration; salary continuance insurance, employee recruitment referral program, discounts at hundreds of suppliers including retail outlets, health and travel insurance, charity matched funding program.
- Health and wellbeing: fully subsidised gym memberships, annual flu vaccinations, skin checks, in-house snacks and catered meals, subsidised sporting and social activities, emergency childcare, Employee Assistance Program including confidential counselling, wellbeing coaching and financial coaching for employees and their families and regular wellbeing sessions with our in-house consulting Psychologist.
- Flexibility: hybrid and flexible working arrangements to support you in your work and life commitments and passions, equipment to support working from home.
- Leave: ability to purchase additional annual leave, access to an enhanced, inclusive and flexible parental leave policy – 26 weeks paid parental leave with no minimum service for permanent employees and high quality executive coaching to support the transition.
- Recognition: team based recognition including social activities and contribution based recognition activities, and annual Allens Values Awards to nominate and recognise the incredible contributions of our people.
Allens is also proud to invest in our communities, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs
How to apply?
We'd love to hear from you so please click "apply now"! If you would like to find out more, please visit "This is Allens" or listen to our podcast Allens Confidential to hear real stories from real people about life at Allens. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please phone Rebecca Lyness – Senior Consultant, Talent Acquisition on +61 2 9230 4616.