Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work. From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asian region, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like. Our alliance with Linklaters connects our clients and teams with an international network of legal leaders that spans 40 offices in 28 countries.
We value personal growth and career progression equally. Through our in-depth career coaching, focus on innovation, and international secondment program, we aim to create future leaders in the legal industry.
We are looking for an Analyst/Developer to join our Legal Product Lab in either Sydney or Melbourne. In this role, you will contribute to the delivery of initiatives in line with our product development and innovation strategy. This is a fantastic & highly sought after opportunity if you have a passion for all things Development and want to create a real career for yourself in the industry.
As part of our wider Integrated Digital Solutions team, you will be joining one of Australia's largest legal technology teams where we have been recognised in the Australian Financial Review's Most Innovative Companies list for the past four years. Our people are technical experts, but they’re also trusted business advisers who think bigger, more broadly and more strategically. Together, we aim to play a leadership role in advancing the legal industry, ensuring our business processes support us to be modern, innovative and efficient, while exploring areas beyond traditional law that align with our core business and clients' needs.
This is where you fit in.
As an Analyst/Developer in our Legal Product Lab you will:
- Build web and mobile applications in the OutSystems low code development platform.
- Create lightweight prototypes and experiments to prove the value of a potential idea.
- Contribute to the solution design process for new ideas.
- Process map existing processes and work with the relevant teams to identify improvements.
- Contribute to ongoing risk assessments of our solutions.
- Assist in running idea generation activities with our lawyers.
- Contribute to training videos and user guides for the solutions that we build.
- Conduct market scans of technology to solve specific pain points
This is a permanent, full-time opportunity however we support flexibility, and would be happy to discuss what arrangements would work best for you. We also support a hybrid working model, where working from home, and the office, is part of our norm.
You will have:
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience in application development. This can be in a specific coding language and/or with a low code development platform such as OutSystems, Mendix, Appian etc.
- Experience in Web Applications, HTML and CSS
- Experience in Database Systems
- Expert-level Excel / Access skills for data manipulation.
- An understanding of the application development lifecycle and exposure to product planning / roadmaps.
- Awareness of risks associated with development, in particular application security and the handling of data.
- A commercial and pragmatic approach to the design and build process.
- To have gained exposure to engaging stakeholders on the different stages of the product lifecycle including inception, feasibility/viability assessments, process mapping, prototyping, experimentation and requirements gathering.
- To have an interest or keep up to date with emerging trends in the tech industry and have a real appetite to learn.
- A desire to learn, grow, network, mentor others
- A story to tell - there is enormous strength in the unique backgrounds and life experiences our people bring to the firm. Our people's differences across gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, cultural and social diversity, age, ability, and family and caring arrangements enrich our firm. We strongly encourage applications from First Nations peoples.
In joining Allens, you will become an integral part of a high-performing firm and work with people and leaders who help you become the best you can be. You will gain exceptional training that develops you professionally and personally. You will be challenged, supported and guided as you work on the most complex matters in the market.
Our unique Career Deal allows you to take control of your career and provides a transparent approach to career development. Our international alliance with Linklaters means we are able to support secondments all over the world.
Not only will you be joining the hub of innovation at Allens, you will also have an opportunity to develop your expertise in a niche market where you will gain exposure to interesting and diverse work. In addition to this, our firm wide benefits include:
- Financial: market competitive fixed remuneration, salary continuance insurance, employee recruitment referral program, discounts at hundreds of suppliers including retail outlets, health and travel insurance, charity matched funding program.
- Health and wellbeing: fully subsidised gym memberships, annual flu vaccinations, skin checks, in-house snacks and catered meals, subsidised sporting and social activities, emergency childcare, Employee Assistance Program including confidential counselling, wellbeing coaching and financial coaching for employees and their families and regular wellbeing sessions with our in-house consulting Psychologist.
- Flexibility: hybrid and flexible working arrangements to support you in your work and life commitments and passions, equipment to support working from home.
- Leave: ability to purchase additional annual leave, access to an enhanced, inclusive and flexible parental leave policy – 26 weeks paid parental leave with no minimum service for permanent employees and high quality executive coaching to support the transition.
- Recognition: team based recognition including social activities and contribution based recognition activities, and annual Allens Values Awards to nominate and recognise the incredible contributions of our people.
Allens is also proud to invest in our communities, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply
We'd love to hear from you so please click "apply now"! If you would like to find out more, please visit "This is Allens" or listen to our podcast Allens Confidential to hear real stories from real people about life at Allens. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please phone Rebecca Lyness, Senior Consultant – Talent Acquisition on +61 2 9230 4616