Associate & Senior Associate, Corporate / M&A (Sydney)
Job no: 492854
Work type: Permanent - Full time
Categories: Experienced Lawyers
Allens is a leading international law firm with a long and proud heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work.
From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asia region for almost 200 years, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like.
Over this time, we've grown in scale and reach, today offering clients a global network of 40 offices in 28 locations through our global alliance with Linklaters.
We consistently advise on the most complex and largest deals in the market. This is evidenced by our consistent strength in the M&A league tables year after year.
We are pleased to have played a crucial role in the largest and most complex deals in Australia's corporate history. With an emphasis on quality, innovation and timeliness, we deliver highly successful outcomes in M&A for leading companies and financial sponsors in Australia and around the world.
Following a busy and successful year for our M&A and Capital Markets practice nationally, we are interested in connecting with talented lawyers and Senior Associates.
Working alongside a number of Partners in the practice, you will be involved in public and private M&A and corporate advisory work. You will also have the opportunity to work on capital raisings and for private equity clients. In addition, you will gain exposure across a broad range of sectors including mining, infrastructure, energy, financial services, health, media, technology and retail.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Demonstrated experience in a corporate team from a leading top tier, national or international firm.
- An ability to effectively manage smaller matters and discrete elements of larger matters.
- A willingness to build an understanding of clients and develop effective working relationships.
- An ability to establish a professional profile and internal networks.
- A willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences and networks.
What we'll offer
- You will be an integral part of a high performing, cross-practice team.
- At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and leaders who can help you become the best you can be.
- You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way.
- You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers and regular social and sporting activities. Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply
We prefer to hear from you directly. Please submit your application via our on-line careers site addressed to Rachael Duggan, National Resourcing Manager or call Rachael on +61 2 9230 4818.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend