Associates/Senior Associates, Disputes & Investigations (Melbourne)
Job no: 494309
Work type: Permanent - Full time
Categories: Experienced Lawyers
Allens is an international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia. Through an integrated alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients access to an extensive network comprising 40 offices in 28 countries. Allens offers one of the most comprehensive legal networks in Australia and Asia.
We have recently been named an elite "band one" firm in 20 practice areas and jurisdictions by Chambers Asia Pacific 2019. This achievement caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
The Disputes & Investigations Practice Group at Allens advises and acts in areas ranging from administrative law, defamation and Corporations Act matters, commercial and contractual disputes, competition cases, constitutional challenges, takeover disputes, tax disputes, regulatory inquiries and investigations, product liability matters, mediations, arbitrations and other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
We have one of the leading Disputes & Investigations practices in the region and our team of over 200 lawyers appear in federal and state courts, specialist tribunals, arbitrations, mediations and in investigations by regulatory authorities.
Notably, the Disputes & Investigations Practice Group consistently ranks very highly, in Band 1, for its dispute resolution practice both in Chambers Asia Pacific and The Legal 500.
Due to significant growth within the practice and a healthy pipeline of work, we are now looking for Associates and Senior Associates to join our busy Melbourne team.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Experience in either general commercial litigation, construction disputes or tax litigation, ideally from a leading top tier, national or international firm.
- An ability to effectively manage larger matters.
- A desire and ability to grow, both as a lawyer and leader.
- A willingness to build an understanding of clients and develop effective working relationships.
- An ability to establish a professional profile and internal networks.
- A willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences and networks.
What we'll offer
- We'll equip you with the skills and experience you need to be a lawyer of the future. We’re ready to define tomorrow. Are you?
- With us, you’ll be more than a lawyer. Our people are technical experts, but they’re also trusted business advisers who think bigger, more broadly and more strategically. Together, we solve complex legal challenges, and collaborate across practice areas and disciplines to guide our clients.
- Our strategic alliance with Linklaters opens up worlds of opportunity for our business and our people through international secondments. Our global teams act as one, sharing knowledge and best practice approaches to help solves our clients' most complex problems.
- In a rapidly changing world, we seek opportunities to innovate, embracing creative thinking, new approaches and emerging technology. We believe strongly in driving positive change to do right by ourselves, our clients and our community.
- We recognise that our people are talented professionals who lead full and rewarding lives, and we want to create an environment that inspires them to give their very best. Flexibility is standard, underpinned by mutual trust and responsibility.
- Our teams are open, inclusive and encouraging, giving you the chance to learn and grow, but your development will be down to you. You’ll have the flexibility to drive your career, and we’ll recognise your achievements and hard work as you progress through the firm.
- At Allens, we celebrate the unique insights our people bring to work each day. We know diverse teams make for better experiences—for our people, clients and communities.
Are you ready to begin?
We prefer to hear from you directly. Please submit your resume and transcript via our on-line careers site addressed to Charlotte Frith, Resourcing Manager or contact Charlotte for a confidential discussion on +61 03 9613 8983.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend