Allens is a leading international law firm with a long and proud heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work.
From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asia region for almost 200 years, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like.
Over this time, we've grown in scale and reach, today offering clients a global network of 40 offices in 28 locations through our global alliance with Linklaters.
An opportunity is available for an Associate and a Senior Associate with experience in mining, oil & gas and/or energy to join our busy Projects group in our Perth office, working with our team nationally, and internationally.
The Projects and Development team provides comprehensive whole-of-life advice on natural resources, energy and infrastructure projects. The team is involved in a range of matters and transactions in the energy, resources and infrastructure sectors, including advising on project structuring, greenfield developments, acquisitions and disposals, commodity sale and purchase agreements, tenure and access rights and mine closure, decommissioning and rehabilitation. The team's work also involves securing major project approvals and the full suite of project development and advisory work. The team acts for many of the largest and most active Australian and multinational resources companies, gas and electricity industry participants and government organisations.
We were recently ranked Band 1 in Energy and Natural Resources in Australia 2019 and won the Energy & Resources deal of the year in the 2019 Australasian Law Awards.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Demonstrated experience in a broad range of work, including mining, oil & gas, projects, procurement in the energy and infrastructure sector, ideally at a well-regarded top tier firm, international firm or boutique firm;
- Strong oral and written communication skills and analytical ability;
- An ability to effectively manage smaller matters and discrete elements of larger matters;
- A willingness to integrate into the national practice with flexibility and confidence to work across multiple jurisdictions;
- A willingness to drive your own career and by doing so build an understanding of clients and develop effective working relationships;
- An ability to establish a professional profile and internal networks; and
- A willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences and networks.
What we'll offer
You will be an integral part of a high performing, national team.
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and leaders who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers and regular social and sporting activities. Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply
Please submit your resume and transcript via our on-line careers site addressed to Christa Howat, Senior Resourcing Consultant, or call Christa on +61 7 3334 3115 for a confidential discussion.