Associates & Senior Associates, Commercial Litigation & Disputes (Sydney)
Job no: 494398
Work type: Permanent - Full time
Categories: Experienced Lawyers
Allens is a leading international law firm with offices throughout Australia and Asia.
We have recently been named an elite "band one" firm in 18 practice areas and jurisdictions by Chambers Asia Pacific 2020. We were also awarded Law Firm of the Year (> 500 employees) at the Australasian Law Awards, 2019. This achievement caps off a year of working with clients on some of Australia's largest and most complex deals.
Ranked as a band-1 disputes practice by Chambers Global, we act in the most complex, high-value and reputationally significant disputes and investigations in the Australian market. Our clients have access to leading practitioners with experience across a range of sectors.
Our team works side by side with clients as they confront the challenges of a constantly changing legal and regulatory landscape, with regulatory reform and new enforcement approaches by regulators high on the agenda.
We act in some of Australia’s most significant commercial disputes, including class actions, corporate disputes and investigations (including inquiries by the Australian Securities & Investments Commission, the Australian Securities Exchange, the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission, Royal Commissions and Senate inquiries).
We frequently assist with the Australian component of major international disputes, and have the capacity to conduct matters in jurisdictions throughout Australia and the Asia region.
We are expanding and looking for talented Associates and Senior Associates to join our Sydney team.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Demonstrated experience in commercial litigation from a leading top tier, national or international firm.
- An ability to effectively manage smaller matters and discrete elements of larger matters.
- A willingness to build an understanding of clients and develop effective working relationships.
- An ability to establish a professional profile and internal networks.
- A willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences and networks.
What we'll offer
- You will be an integral part of a high performing, cross-practice team.
- At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and leaders who can help you become the best you can be.
- You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way.
- You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers and regular social and sporting activities. Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply
We prefer to hear from you directly. Please submit your application via our on-line careers site addressed to Charlotte Frith, Senior National Resourcing Manager or call Charlotte on +61 3 9613 8983 for a confidential discussion. This role is open to candidates requiring sponsorship.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend