Allens is a leading international law firm with a long and proud heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work.
From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asia region for almost 200 years, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like.
Over this time, we've grown in scale and reach, today offering clients a global network of 40 offices in 28 locations through our global alliance with Linklaters.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to help drive implementation of our Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT) practice growth strategy as well as working with our TMT sector team and more broadly on technology and data opportunities across all practice groups of the firm.
Our TMT partners and lawyers are keen to work with a Business Development Manager who is enthusiastic, organised and able to offer fresh perspectives.
Working closely with partners, lawyers and the business development and marketing teams, this role is responsible for developing and executing business development initiatives for our TMT practice and sector to facilitate revenue growth.
The key responsibilities in the role include:
- Using best practice strategy to support Allens to deliver revenue growth and build stronger, more enduring and sustainable client relationships.
- Leading the implementation of Practice Group and Sector strategy and initiatives which facilitate revenue growth, including:
- Assisting to drive the implementation of the business plans including pursuing growth opportunities.
- Implementing business development initiatives, including new client initiatives and integrated campaigns.
- Helping to identify publishing, media and speaking opportunities, and providing partners and lawyers with support in pursuing these opportunities.
- Working with the legal and MarComms teams to develop and deliver marketing campaigns for the firm’s firm-wide technology and data growth area, including driving client engagement following a campaign.
- Project managing or contributing to tenders relevant to the practice group and sector and contributing to other firm-wide tenders being managed by BDs across the firm.
- Coaching lawyers and secretaries in contribution to the tender process.
- Playing a client relationship management role with certain strategic clients, including coaching on and advocating the client relationship management tools available.
- Conducting client feedback (relationship, matter and tender feedback) to continually improve our service offering and to gain further insights into the client’s business.
- Preparing submissions and helping to prepare partners for ranking survey interviews (such as Chambers Global).
- Assisting with the collection of capability information for the group (for inclusion in tenders and pitches etc).
- Coaching secondees prior to and post placement.
- Understanding the market and staying across client and competitor activity and sharing insights.
- Encouraging the sharing of client intelligence, lessons learned and best practice BD across the firm.
- Advising on international business development trips and support the team to prepare relevant resources.
- Project managing the preparation of business development collateral including content contribution.
- Maintaining responsibility for BD infrastructure to support lawyers and secretaries in BD initiatives.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Experience developing and implementing business development initiatives.
- Skills in coaching and advising teams to win new clients and major projects.
- Experience leading and managing tenders.
- An understanding of client experiences and an ability to align business development activities to deliver exceptional client experience.
- Well developed research and organisational skills, good attention to detail and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Commercially astute, and able to quickly understand strategy and translate it through to execution.
- Highly collaborative and able to work effectively in teams.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience working in a professional services firm or other corporate organisation with complex stakeholder management is preferred.
What we'll offer
At Allens, we’re focused on advancing our industry through equipping our people with the skills and experience they need to be the lawyers of the future. We’re ready to define tomorrow. Are you?
With us, you’ll be more than a lawyer. Our people are technical experts, but they’re also trusted business advisers who think bigger, more broadly and more strategically. Together, we solve complex legal challenges, and collaborate across practice areas and disciplines to guide our clients.
We work across borders too, thanks to our alliance with Linklaters. This strategic partnership opens up worlds of opportunity for our business and our people, including rotations in Linklaters London, Hong Kong and Singapore for our graduate lawyers.
In a rapidly changing world, we seek opportunities to innovate, embracing creative thinking, new approaches and emerging technology. And we don’t just use them to benefit ourselves and our clients. We believe strongly in driving positive change to do right by our community too.
Our teams are open, inclusive and encouraging, giving you the chance to learn and grow, but your development will be down to you. You’ll have the flexibility to drive your career, and we’ll recognise your achievements and hard work as you progress through the firm. Are you ready to begin?
How to apply
We prefer to hear from you directly. Please submit your application via our on-line careers site addressed to Charlotte Frith, Resourcing Manager or call Charlotte on +61 3 9613 8983 for a confidential discussion.