Allens is a leading international law firm with a long and proud heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work.
From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asia region for almost 200 years, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like.
Over this time, we've grown in scale and reach, today offering clients a global network of 40 offices in 28 locations through our global alliance with Linklaters.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Company Secretary to join our Company Secretariat team in our Sydney or Melbourne office.
We are open to candidates looking for a full-time role, or flexible working arrangements.
The main responsibilities of this role include:
- Provision of company secretarial and compliance services to a portfolio of external (local and foreign) and internal clients in accordance with the relevant Corporations Act requirements.
- Preparation and timely submission of a wide variety of documentation for all client companies including minutes of meetings, statutory forms/returns, resolutions, share transfers, etc.
- Management of directors' and shareholders' meetings in an effective and professional manner.
What you'll bring
- At least 5 years' experience in a Company Secretarial role, preferably within a law firm, accounting practice, company secretarial environment or company.
- A high degree of technical knowledge of the Corporations Act and company reporting requirements.
- Experience in managing complex structures and operations and will be very familiar with the legal and best practice codes of operation.
- Excellent computer skills and a strong working knowledge of the Corporate Affairs System (CAS) software package are required.
- A commitment to excellence in client service, coupled with strong interpersonal skills, confidence and the ability to build rapport with busy clients (internal and external).
- A very high level of accuracy and attention to detail, with the ability to organise and prioritise work independently and deliver to tight deadlines.
- The ability to work well within a team environment.
- A high degree of diplomacy and discretion and be able to maintain confidentiality.
- The ability to generate ideas and demonstrate initiative.
- Formal qualifications in either commerce, accounting, economics or law and/or qualifications from Governance Institute of Australia.
What we'll offer
At Allens, we’re focused on advancing our industry through equipping our people with the skills and experience they need to be the lawyers of the future. We’re ready to define tomorrow. Are you?
With us, you’ll be more than a lawyer. Our people are technical experts, but they’re also trusted business advisers who think bigger, more broadly and more strategically. Together, we solve complex legal challenges, and collaborate across practice areas and disciplines to guide our clients.
We work across borders too, thanks to our alliance with Linklaters. This strategic partnership opens up worlds of opportunity for our business and our people, including rotations in Linklaters London, Hong Kong and Singapore for our graduate lawyers.
In a rapidly changing world, we seek opportunities to innovate, embracing creative thinking, new approaches and emerging technology. And we don’t just use them to benefit ourselves and our clients. We believe strongly in driving positive change to do right by our community too.
Our teams are open, inclusive and encouraging, giving you the chance to learn and grow, but your development will be down to you. You’ll have the flexibility to drive your career, and we’ll recognise your achievements and hard work as you progress through the firm. Are you ready to begin?
How to apply
We prefer to hear from you directly. Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed Courtney Reynolds, Resourcing Consultant or call Courtney on +61 3 9613 8935 for a confidential conversation.