Allens is a leading international law firm with a long and proud heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work.
From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asia region for almost 200 years, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like.
Over this time, we've grown in scale and reach, today offering clients a global network of 40 offices in 28 locations through our global alliance with Linklaters.
We are looking for an experienced legal secretary to join our leading Real Estate and Development team in Melbourne on a 12 month fixed term contract. You will be supporting a partner and other legal operatives.
- Diary, travel and expense management;
- Billing and client reporting;
- Management of meetings and telephone conference calls in an effective and professional manner;
- Preparing and amending legal documentation, including property related forms and statements
- Provision of secretarial and practice management services to a portfolio of internal clients; and
- Performing other administrative tasks as required.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Demonstrated experience in a legal secretarial role;
- Previous experience in a property/real estate role is desirable;
- Excellent computer literacy in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook email;
- A commitment to excellence in client service, along with strong interpersonal skills, confidence, and the ability to build rapport with busy clients, partners and lawyers;
- A very high level of accuracy and attention to detail, with the flexibility to organise and prioritise work independently and deliver to tight deadlines;
- The ability to work well within a team environment;
- A high degree of diplomacy and discretion and an ability to maintain confidentiality; and
- The ability to generate ideas and demonstrate initiative.
What we'll offer
At Allens, we’re focused on advancing our industry through equipping our people with the skills and experience they need to be professionals of the future. We’re ready to define tomorrow. Are you?
With us, you’ll be more than a business partner. Our people are specialists in their fields, but they’re also trusted business advisers who think bigger, more broadly and more strategically. Together, we solve complex challenges, and collaborate across teams to guide our internal legal client base.
We work across borders too, thanks to our alliance with Linklaters. This strategic partnership opens up worlds of opportunity for our business and our people.
In a rapidly changing world, we seek opportunities to innovate, embracing creative thinking, new approaches and emerging technology. And we don’t just use them to benefit ourselves and our clients. We believe strongly in driving positive change to do right by our community too.
Our teams are open, inclusive and encouraging, giving you the chance to learn and grow, but your development will be down to you. You’ll have the flexibility to drive your career, and we’ll recognise your achievements and hard work as you progress through the firm. Are you ready to begin?
How to apply
We prefer to hear from you directly. Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed Courtney Reynolds, Resourcing Consultant or call Courtney on +61 3 9613 8935 for a confidential conversation.