Our People & Development (P&D) Consulting Team is an integral part of our broader People & Development (Human Resources / HR) Department at Allens. We are recruiting an experienced P&D Manager to join our team in Sydney. This is a fantastic role for somebody looking for broad experience, and to take responsibility for leadership of all HR matters for a number of internal client groups nationally.
Our P&D Consulting Team are aligned to specific practice groups, offices and departments and are available as a point of contact and support for our client groups. The team works with Partners and people leaders to create a positive employee experience across:
- Annual performance cycle.
- Promotions and career planning.
- Remuneration reviews.
- Workload management.
- Flexible working.
As a member of our P&D Consulting Team, you will work in a collaborative environment advising and supporting your client groups with their HR matters, delivering outstanding service. Our team includes specialist P&D Managers and Consultants, supported by a team of P&D Advisors and specialists across the broad HR spectrum (including Resourcing, Talent, Learning & Development, Diversity, Inclusion & Wellbeing and Employment Relations). Our team works closely with many parts of the firm, including the Pricing & Practice Economics Team and our Marketing & Client Services Team.
As a member of our experienced and friendly P&D Department within Australia's leading law firm, you will be challenged, supported and guided as you continue to learn and develop during your career at Allens.
The range of services provided by our P&D Consulting Team is varied. Through effective business partnering, you will engage your stakeholders and will work with your client groups across the firm to achieve their business outcomes and strategic goals.
You will support the business in the diagnosis of people issues and will recommend solutions to Partners and people leaders to resolve issues. You will also take the lead on strategic projects across the firm by influencing stakeholders and managing more junior members of the team, in order to achieve objectives.
Your role within the team could typically include advising your client groups on:
- Overseeing, developing and delivering people strategy, initiatives and practices within Practice Groups.
- Identifying strategic people issues for Practice Groups and design solutions in collaboration with P&D teams and Practice Group Leaders.
- Delivering annual performance, talent and remuneration activities to practice groups.
- Driving and implementing change initiatives across client groups in line with firm strategy.
- Managing employee relations issues.
- Developing initiatives to drive employee engagement, retention and talent development and coaching and influencing leaders to embed practices.
- Identifying trends from business, workforce and people data to identify people issues and inform solutions.
- Business planning, including leading the people component of Practice Group business plans.
- Leading or supporting strategic and operational improvement projects across the Practice Groups and firm.
- Identifying and proactively managing and escalating people risks.
- Managing HR consultants.
Collaborating with other departments across the firm including, Commercial Managers and Business Development Managers.
As an experienced member of our P&D Consulting Team, you will partner with and provide support to specific practice groups, offices and departments, specifically:
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Technology Media & Telecommunications
- Funds, Super & Wealth
- Competition Consumer & Regulatory
Our team is committed to delivering exceptional client care – if we spot an issue we raise it; if we spot an opportunity we let our stakeholders know.
Your career trajectory
Our P&D Consulting Team is looking for an experienced P&D Manager who has the desire to learn and develop their career with us. We will support you on your journey and will give you access to our career framework when you join, providing a clear understanding of high performance at each career stage at Allens.
We also recognise that every employee's experience is different, and at Allens we know that successful and enjoyable careers come through your focus and commitment to being the best you can be, in an environment where you are supported and encouraged and have clarity on key processes and decisions. Our career deal is a key part in achieving this; our deal asks you to take the lead for your career, with us providing the coaching and support to help you meet your goals and aspirations.
What you'll bring
- Experience in a similar business partnering role, preferably in a professional services organisation or within a complex organisation. Experience in a legal industry would be highly valuable.
- Strong partnering and collaborations skills, with demonstrated experience in driving change across a business as well as within a P&D department.
- Strong problem solving skills and a flexible, proactive style and a willingness to take ownership.
- Highly consultative approach with exceptional stakeholder engagement capabilities, across multiple stakeholders at once.
- Experience of coaching and influencing senior leaders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A desire and ability to grow, both as a Real Estate Lawyer and leader.
- A strong team ethic.
- An ability to establish a professional profile and internal networks.
- A willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences and networks.
- People management experience is required.
This is a permanent, full-time opportunity for a P&D Manager for our Sydney office.
Allens is a leading international law firm with a long and proud heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work.
From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asia region for almost 200 years, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like.
Over this time, we've grown in scale and reach, today offering clients a global network of 40 offices in 28 locations through our global alliance with Linklaters.
What we'll offer
You will be an integral part of a high performing, national team and have an opportunity to work with genuine market leaders.
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and leaders who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers and regular social and sporting activities. Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
Are you ready to begin?
We prefer to hear from you directly.
Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Charlotte Frith, Senior National Resourcing Manager or contact Charlotte for a confidential discussion on + 61 3 9613 8983.