We are growing our Melbourne Real Estate / Property practice and are looking to recruit a talented Senior Associate to join our full-service, corporate Real Estate team.
This is a fantastic role for somebody looking for broad experience across all aspects of real estate law, with a particular focus on the development of commercial real estate and infrastructure projects.
Our Real Estate Group is an integral part of Allens leading Projects, Real Estate & Development practice and provides specialist expertise across all parts of the real estate spectrum. We have extensive experience in structured acquisition, development and sale of residential, commercial, industrial and retail properties.
As a member of our Real Estate Group, you will work in a collaborative environment advising, acting and supporting our clients with their legal issues involved in their real estate transactions and development projects. Our team includes specialist Real Estate Partners and Lawyers and a team of generalist Lawyers, supported by Knowledge Management Lawyers, Paralegals and Practice Assistants.
You will work closely with many parts of the firm (including Banking and Finance, Funds Management and Projects), each with unique backgrounds and life experiences. Harnessing the many talents of our people helps us connect with our clients, solve complex problems, innovate and attract even more great people. We've long been committed to inclusion and diversity and we're proud that there isn't an 'Allens' type'.
Our clients work with us because of our diverse teams, market leading quality and service. We have a strong track record in advising on large-scale and unique development projects and bringing an innovative approach to the complex structuring of those deals. We are in a significant and exciting growth phase and we are looking to expand our team with a high calibre Senior Associate with specialist Real Estate experience. As a member of our experienced and friendly team within Australia's leading law firm, you will be challenged, supported and guided as you continue to learn and develop during your career at Allens.
The range of services provided by the Real Estate Group is varied. Your role within the team could typically include advising our clients on:
- Significant commercial development, urban renewal and infrastructure projects, including commercial office towers, industrial facilities, mixed use precincts and renewable energy projects.
- Acquisitions and disposals of assets of all types of property classes, including commercial, retail, industrial, residential and hotels.
- Sale and leaseback transactions.
- Master planned residential developments.
- Tourist resorts and mixed-use developments and operation.
- Joint venture and co-ownership arrangements;
- Leasing and lease negotiation.
- General real estate issues such as subdivisions, enforcement of securities and financing.
As a member of our Real Estate team, you will have access to the firm's extensive client base to explore and develop new opportunities and deliver outstanding service. You will act for a wide range of leading Australian and international clients, including:
- Leading property developers.
- Fund managers.
- Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs).
- Superannuation funds.
- Private equity firms.
- Sovereign wealth and offshore pension funds.
- Domestic and offshore investors and developers.
Our team is committed to delivering exceptional client care – if we spot an issue we raise it; if we spot an opportunity we let our clients know.
Your career trajectory
Our Real Estate practice is expanding and we're looking for a Senior Associate who has the desire to learn and develop their career with us. We will support you on your journey and will give you access to our career framework when you join, providing a clear understanding of what high performance at each career stage as a lawyer at Allens looks like.
We also recognise that every employee's experience is different, and at Allens we know that successful and enjoyable careers come through your focus and commitment to being the best you can be, in an environment where you are supported and encouraged, and have clarity on key processes and decisions. Our career deal is a key part in achieving this; our deal asks you to take the lead for your career, with us providing the coaching and support to help you meet your goals and aspirations.
What you'll bring
- Experience working in a Real Estate team, ideally at a reputable law firm, international law firm, boutique firm or an in-house position.
- Experience in the acquisition, development and sale of real estate assets.
- A strong academic background.
- An ability to effectively manage matters.
- A willingness to participate in business development activities, such as pitch documents, firm-wide pursuits, article writing, attending industry events and hosting seminars.
- A desire and ability to grow, both as a Real Estate Lawyer and leader.
- A strong team ethic.
- An ability to establish a professional profile and internal networks.
- A willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences and networks.
- A willingness to build an understanding of clients and develop effective working relationships.
This is a permanent opportunity for a Real Estate / Property lawyer - Senior Associate.
Allens supports flexible work practices and we are interested in speaking to lawyers wanting to work either part‑time or full-time.
Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work.
From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asia region, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like.
Through our alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients a global network of 40 offices in 28 locations. With Allens, you'll work at the cutting edge of the law on the most complex and innovative deals in the market. You'll work with lawyers and professionals at the top of their game who, like you, strive to get a little better every day. And you'll be supported to take your career wherever you want it to go.
What we'll offer
You will be an integral part of a high performing, national team and have an opportunity to work with genuine market leaders.
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and leaders who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers and regular social and sporting activities. Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
Are you ready to begin?
We prefer to hear from you directly.
Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Charlotte Frith, Senior National Resourcing Manager or contact Charlotte for a confidential discussion on + 61 3 9613 8983.
If this isn't the position for you, please tell your friends or colleagues about it.