We are looking for a Business Analyst with a few years of general commercial experience to join our Pricing and Practice Economics Team in Sydney. This is a unique opportunity to work closely with our in-house pricing strategists on analysis and implementation of the firm's pricing strategy.
As a member of Pricing and Practice Economics Team, you will work in a collaborative environment assisting and supporting the Head of Pricing and Pricing Manager. You'll work closely with many parts of the firm, consulting directly with partners and other stakeholders, and will be challenged, supported and guided as you continue to learn and develop during your career at Allens.
As a Business Analyst, you'll assist the team to develop pricing structures to deliver value to clients. Your core responsibilities will include working with our Head of Pricing and Pricing Manager to:
- Support bid / tender teams to develop pricing strategy in preparation and response to client RFPs, including appropriate negotiation support through the entire lifecycle from pursuit.
- Assist lawyers to plan and respond to requests for estimates or proposals using pricing tools and financial models to assess profitability and owning the development of workable pricing solutions.
- Design, implement and assist partners to manage and improve outcomes under alternative fee arrangements and other pricing arrangements.
- Implement strategic initiatives to that drive improvements in efficiency with which work is performed, driving positive outcomes for clients and the firm.
- Assist the Pricing Manager to support the Integrated Legal Solutions team in pricing of legal tech products and technology services.
- Contribute to projects that arise from time to time, including the ongoing development of pricing infrastructure for the firm.
As a member of our Pricing and Practice Economics Team, you will partner with many parts of the firm, across various practice groups and departments. Together with members of the Pricing team, you'll work closely with Partners, Commercial Managers, Legal Project Managers, Integrated Legal Solutions, Legal Product Lab and our Innovation Team to develop and deliver elements of the firm's strategic plan.
Your career trajectory
Our Pricing and Practice Economics Team is looking for a Business Analyst who has the desire to learn and develop their career with us. We will support you on your journey and will give you access to our career framework when you join, providing a clear understanding of high performance at each career stage at Allens.
We also recognise that every employee's experience is different and at Allens, we know that successful and enjoyable careers come through your focus and commitment to being the best you can be, in an environment where you are supported and encouraged and have clarity on key processes and decisions. Our career deal is a key part in achieving this; our deal asks you to take the lead for your career, with us providing the coaching and support to help you meet your goals and aspirations.
What you'll bring
- Highly proficient in the use of Excel with the ability to analyse data.
- Financial modelling experience is desirable but not essential.
- Experience in bid / tender process is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build relationships with people at all levels of an organisation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence and negotiate.
- Strong presentation skills and proficient in PowerPoint.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability co-ordinate multiple stakeholders in a fast paced environment.
- Undergraduate qualification in Business / Commerce.
- Ideally you will have commenced your post graduate studies in CA/CPA.
- Certification in project management or change management would be valued.
This is a permanent opportunity for a Business Analyst. We will consider candidates looking for full or part-time flexible work arrangements.
Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work.
From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asia region, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like.
Through our alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients a global network of 40 offices in 28 locations. With Allens, you'll work at the cutting edge of the law on the most complex and innovative deals in the market. You'll work with lawyers and professionals at the top of their game who, like you, strive to get a little better every day. And you'll be supported to take your career wherever you want it to go.
What we'll offer
You will be an integral part of a high performing, national team and have an opportunity to work with genuine market leaders.
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and leaders who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers and regular social and sporting activities. Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
Are you ready to begin?
We prefer to hear from you directly.
Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Charlotte Frith, Senior National Resourcing Manager or contact Charlotte for a confidential discussion on + 61 3 9613 8983.
If this isn't the position for you, please tell your friends or colleagues about it.