We are looking for a Pricing Advisor - Bids & Pursuits with a few years of general experience in a professional business development team to join our Pricing and Practice Economics Team. Ideally you will have worked on bids and tenders from end to end and be interested in narrowing your involvement to the commercial and pricing aspects of the response. This is a unique opportunity to work closely with our partners and pricing strategists on bids and tenders to support the firm's pricing strategy.
As a member of Pricing and Practice Economics Team, you will work in a collaborative environment assisting and supporting the Head of Pricing and Pricing Manager. You'll work closely with many parts of the firm, consulting directly with partners and other stakeholders, and will be challenged, supported and guided as you continue to learn and develop during your career at Allens.
As a Pricing Advisor - Bids & Pursuits , you'll assist the team to develop pricing structures to deliver value to clients. Your core responsibilities will include working with our Head of Pricing and Pricing Manager to:
- Support bid and tender teams to develop pricing strategy in preparation and response to client RFPs, including appropriate negotiation support through the entire lifecycle from pursuit.
- Support the Pricing team to respond to requests from client procurement and legal operation teams.
- Understand client agreements and pricing structures ensuring that they are accurately recorded and maintained via established processes and systems.
- Assist lawyers to plan and respond to requests for estimates or proposals using pricing tools and financial models to assess profitability and owning the development of workable pricing solutions.
- Design, implement and assist partners to manage and improve outcomes under alternative fee arrangements and other pricing arrangements.
- Implement strategic initiatives that drive improvements in efficiency, creating positive outcomes for clients and the firm.
- Support the Integrated Legal Solutions team in pricing of legal technology services and products.
- Contribute to ad hoc projects, including firm wide initiatives and the ongoing development of pricing infrastructure for the firm.
As a member of our Pricing and Practice Economics Team, you will partner with many parts of the firm across various practice groups and departments. Together with members of the Pricing team, you'll work closely with Partners, Business Development and Marketing, Commercial Managers, Legal Project Managers, Integrated Legal Solutions and our Innovation Team to develop and deliver elements of the firm's strategic plan.
Together with other members of the Pricing Team, you will liaise with clients' procurement and legal operations teams in the bids process and as part of the ongoing relationship management of the commercial agreements.
Your career trajectory
Our Pricing and Practice Economics Team is looking for a Pricing Advisor - Bids & Pursuits who has the desire to learn and develop their career with us. We will support you on your journey and will give you access to our career framework when you join, providing a clear understanding of high performance at each career stage at Allens.
We also recognise that every employee's experience is different and at Allens, we know that successful and enjoyable careers come through your focus and commitment to being the best you can be, in an environment where you are supported and encouraged and have clarity on key processes and decisions. Our career deal is a key part in achieving this; our deal asks you to take the lead for your career, with us providing the coaching and support to help you meet your goals and aspirations.
What you'll bring
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build relationships with people at all levels of an organisation.
- Demonstrated experience in bid / tender process.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence and negotiate.
- Strong presentation skills and proficient in PowerPoint.
- Experience using Excel with the ability to analyse data
- Excellent time management skills with the ability co-ordinate multiple stakeholders in a fast paced environment.
- Undergraduate qualification in Business/Commerce/Law or other professional degree
- Certification in project management or change management would be valued.
This is a permanent opportunity for a Pricing Advisor - Bids & Pursuits. We will consider candidates looking for full or part-time flexible work arrangements
Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work.
From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asia region, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like.
Through our alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients a global network of 40 offices in 28 locations. With Allens, you'll work at the cutting edge of the law on the most complex and innovative deals in the market. You'll work with lawyers and professionals at the top of their game who, like you, strive to get a little better every day. And you'll be supported to take your career wherever you want it to go.
What we'll offer
You will be an integral part of a high performing, national team and have an opportunity to work with genuine market leaders.
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and leaders who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers and regular social and sporting activities. Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
Our inclusion and diversity strategy ensures you are able to be your best self and do your best work at Allens. We are proud of our culture of genuine inclusion to support and celebrate our LGBTQ+ colleagues, the success of women in the firm, first nations people and people from all cultures. There is enormous strength in the unique backgrounds and life experiences our people bring to the firm. They help us expand our thinking. They help us grow.
Are you ready to begin?
We prefer to hear from you directly.
Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Thomas Wigglesworth, Senior Resourcing Specialist, or contact Thomas on 0449 539 834 for a confidential discussion.
If this isn't the position for you, please tell your friends or colleagues about it.