Kitchen Hand (Sydney)
Job no: 494686
Work type: Permanent - Part time
Categories: Corporate Services
We are looking for a motivated Kitchen Hand to join our Sydney team on a part time basis.
Your role as a Kitchen Hand sits within the Catering Team, which is a well-regarded function at Allens. We are made up of Head Chefs, a Catering Coordinator and a Catering Supervisor. Our friendly, supportive and collaborative team is part of the broader Business Operations Department, which covers Concierge, Records Management, Work Place Health & Safety and Repairs & Maintenance as well.
Your primary responsibility is to support the Chef and other kitchen staff by:
- Maintaining a clean, hygienic and orderly kitchen at all times. This includes cleaning the kitchen, dining and food preparation areas, clearing and cleaning of all dishes and equipment
- Service of staff dinner: assisting the chef with preparation of dinner, setup and the service of dinner to staff Monday – Thursday on the designated floor
- Stock control, storage and rotation including unpacking daily deliveries, ensuring correct storage procedures are followed, tidying the store room and constant rotation of all consumables
- Assist in basic room setups as required, ensuring service areas are well presented
- Assisting with basic food preparation under the instruction of the Chef
As a Kitchen Hand, your role will involve supporting both our front and back of house teams. You will work closely with other members of our Catering Team as well as with our Concierge Team.
The Catering Team provides premium hospitality service to all clients of the firm from Monday to Friday and occasionally outside these days as to the business needs.
Your career trajectory
You will have a desire to learn and develop your career. We will support you on your journey and will give you access to our career framework when you join, providing a clear understanding of high performance at each career stage at Allens.
We also recognise that every employee's experience is different and at Allens, we know that successful and enjoyable careers come through your focus and commitment to being the best you can be, in an environment where you are supported and encouraged and have clarity on key processes and decisions. Our career deal is a key part in achieving this; our deal asks you to take the lead for your career, with us providing the coaching and support to help you meet your goals and aspirations.
What you'll bring
You will have had experience working in a busy Catering environment. Previous experience working in a professional services or corporate catering environment would be highly desirable. In addition, the successful candidate will have:
- Excellent customer service, presentation and strong communication skills
- Experience in food preparation and strong knife skills
- The ability to be able to work effectively as part of a team
- Initiative and the ability to prioritise and multitask
- The ability to work well under pressure
- An ability to thrive in a busy environment.
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills, with an ability to prioritise and multi-task.
- An ability to maintain a calm demeanour at all times, even when confronted with challenging last minute requests and very busy days.
The Kitchen Hand is a part time role. Working days are generally Monday – Thursday from 4.00pm – 9.00pm, with an additional Friday once a month from 4.00pm – 8.00pm. On occasion, there may be some changes.
Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work.
From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asia region, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like.
Through our alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients a global network of 40 offices in 28 locations. With Allens, you'll work at the cutting edge of the law on the most complex and innovative deals in the market. You'll work with lawyers and professionals at the top of their game who, like you, strive to get a little better every day. And you'll be supported to take your career wherever you want it to go.
What we'll offer
You will be an integral part of a high performing, national team and have an opportunity to work with genuine market leaders.
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and leaders who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers and regular social and sporting activities. Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
Are you ready to begin?
We prefer to hear from you directly.
Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Thomas Wigglesworth, Senior Resourcing Specialist.
If this isn't the position for you, please tell your friends or colleagues about it.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend