Employee Relations / ER Manager – Part-Time (Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth or Sydney)
Job no: 494706
Work type: Fixed Term Contract - Part time, Permanent - Full time, Permanent - Part time
Location: Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Perth
Categories: Experienced Lawyers, Corporate Services
We're recruiting an Employee Relations (ER) Manager to work closely with our Head of Employment Relations & People Policy, to whom this role reports into. This is a fantastic new role for somebody looking for both a strategic and tactical focus in their next position. The opportunity is broad and will allow you to get involved in compliance, risk and policy, and ER issues.
Our ER & People Policy Team is a Centre of Expertise and an integral part of the Allens broader People & Development (HR) Department. We are collaborative and we work together to ensure that we are compliant with all our employer obligations. Our role is to effectively identify, mitigate and manage people risk as an organisation.
As a team, we care about your personal and professional growth, development and success. As a member of our experienced People and Development Department, within Australia's leading law firm, you will be challenged, supported and guided as you continue to learn and develop during your career at Allens.
As an ER Manager, the responsibilities will be broad but could typically include:
- Providing high quality, practical employment law advice on a range of employment and workplace health and safety matters to internal stakeholders.
- Supporting the People & Development Consulting Team (our HR Business Partners) to manage ER and people risk issues.
- Identifying and assessing key people risks and developing policies, systems and processes to mitigate.
- Auditing and benchmarking of existing policies and practices to ensure compliance with the Legal Services Award and other relevant employment and workplace health and safety laws.
- Development of best practice guides and materials/training to support the case management of risk associated with performance, termination of employment, investigations, illness or injury.
Our ER & People Policy Team work with and across the full P&D Department but work particularly closely with our People & Development Consulting Team (our HR Business Partners).
As an ER Manager, you will also be required to build effective relationships with stakeholders across the Firm, including with lawyers from our Employment & Safety Practice, and other Corporate Services and Legal Staff nationally.
Your career trajectory
Our ER & People Policy Team is looking for an experienced ER Manager, who has the desire to learn and develop their career with us. We will support you on your journey and will give you access to our career framework when you join, providing a clear understanding of high performance at each career stage at Allens.
We also recognise that every employee's experience is different, and at Allens we know that successful and enjoyable careers come through your focus and commitment to being the best you can be, in an environment where you are supported and encouraged and have clarity on key processes and decisions. Our career deal is a key part in achieving this; our deal asks you to take the lead for your career, with us providing the coaching and support to help you meet your goals and aspirations.
What you'll bring
- A broad understanding of employment and Work, Health & Safety legislation, trends and case law.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- An ability to make commercial recommendations and judgements.
- Experience as an Employment Lawyer in private-practice, or in-house exposure in a similar role is highly desirable. Experience as a HR professional with significant, practical ER experience would also be highly regarded.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A consultative approach with strong stakeholder engagement capabilities, across multiple stakeholders at once.
- An ability to work under pressure.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- A flexible, proactive style and a willingness to take ownership.
- A willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences and networks.
We're looking for an ER Manager to work within our team for 2-3 days per week on a contract or permanent basis.
We support a hybrid working model where working from home part of the week is the norm.
Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work.
From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asia region, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like.
Through our alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients a global network of 40 offices in 28 locations. With Allens, you'll work at the cutting edge of the law on the most complex and innovative deals in the market. You'll work with lawyers and professionals at the top of their game who, like you, strive to get a little better every day. And you'll be supported to take your career wherever you want it to go.
What we'll offer
You will be an integral part of a high performing, national team and have an opportunity to work with genuine market leaders.
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and leaders who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers and regular social and sporting activities. Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
Are you ready to begin?
We prefer to hear from you directly.
Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Shannon Lyndon-Lugg, Head of Resourcing and Workforce Planning or contact Shannon for a confidential discussion on + 61 3 9613 8790.
If this isn't the position for you, please tell your friends or colleagues about it.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend