Systems Engineer (Sydney)
Job no: 494729
Work type: Permanent - Full time
Categories: Corporate Services
Our Information Technology (IT) Department is seeking to employ a talented Systems Engineer for our Infrastructure Team. Based in Sydney, this is a fantastic opportunity for somebody looking to take responsibility for the design, delivery and support of the Firm's business systems.
Allens uses technology to support all aspects of its business, in order to build our communication and collaboration capability. Our IT Team is made up of technical and project-focused experts who work together to resolve challenges, by creating robust and sustainable solutions for the business. Our Infrastructure Team is an integral part of the broader IT Department at Allens.
You will work in a collaborative environment advising and supporting the Firm with their IT issues and delivering outstanding service. As a member of our experienced and friendly IT Department within Australia's leading law firm, you will be challenged, supported and guided as you continue to learn and develop during your career at Allens.
As a Systems Engineer, your role will be varied and could typically include:
- Supporting the operational requirements of the firm.
- Providing technical expertise on the implementation and the use of cloud and on premise technologies.
- Ensuring the stability, redundancy, integrity and efficient operation of IT infrastructure.
- Ensuring the Firm is following best practice in infrastructure design.
- Researching emerging technologies and providing technical leadership that support the Firm's needs.
- Providing support for the wider IT team where necessary, to ensure business requirements are met.
The Infrastructure Team advise and provide support to all practice groups, offices and departments at Allens in relation to the design, delivery and support of the Firm's business systems. We work in partnership with our stakeholders delivering outstanding service, and help them to achieve their business outcomes and strategic goals.
Your career trajectory
Our IT Department is looking for an experienced Systems Engineer who has the desire to learn and develop their career with us. We will support you on your journey and will give you access to our career framework when you join, providing a clear understanding of high performance at each career stage at Allens.
We also recognise that every employee's experience is different, and at Allens we know that successful and enjoyable careers come through your focus and commitment to being the best you can be, in an environment where you are supported and encouraged and have clarity on key processes and decisions. Our career deal is a key part in achieving this; our deal asks you to take the lead for your career, with us providing the coaching and support to help you meet your goals and aspirations.
What you'll bring
- Demonstrated experience with implementing and managing public cloud technologies in an enterprise environment.
- Demonstrated experience managing Infrastructure environments for 1000+ staff across multiple sites.
- Strong technical knowledge across a broad range of solutions including:
- Public Cloud (Azure and AWS)
- Microsoft Solutions including Active Directory & SCCM/WSUS
- Infrastructure Hardware
- Networking & Security
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in an ever changing environment.
- Be a team player, detail oriented, logical thinker and have a 'can-do' attitude.
- Ability to identify critical issues and deal with them proactively and independently.
- A strong ability to work well and think clearly under pressure.
- Organised and ability to multitask, while prioritising workloads.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to write documentation and a passion for sharing your knowledge.
This is a permanent, full-time opportunity for a Systems Engineer.
As the owner of various systems, you will be expected to perform out-of-hours maintenance and critical support when required.
Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work.
From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asia region, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like.
Through our alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients a global network of 40 offices in 28 locations. With Allens, you'll work at the cutting edge of the law on the most complex and innovative deals in the market. You'll work with lawyers and professionals at the top of their game who, like you, strive to get a little better every day. And you'll be supported to take your career wherever you want it to go.
What we'll offer
You will be an integral part of a high performing, national team and have an opportunity to work with genuine market leaders.
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and leaders who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers and regular social and sporting activities. Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
Are you ready to begin?
We prefer to hear from you directly.
Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site.
If this isn't the position for you, please tell your friends or colleagues about it.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend