The Allens Commercial Management Team is recruiting a Commercial Analyst for our Sydney office. Your overall objective in this role is to assist the Firm in meeting its strategic objectives. Through business partnering, you will contribute to the overall firm and individual Practice Group performance.
You will work in a collaborative environment assisting and supporting the Head of Commercial Management and Commercial Managers. You'll work closely with many parts of the Firm, consulting directly with Partners and other stakeholders, and will be challenged, supported and guided as you continue to learn and develop during your career at Allens.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Responsible for the preparation of variance analysis, commentary on performance and key performance indicators.
- Responsible for the preparation of profitability analysis and providing insights for future pricing and/or operational improvements.
- Assisting Commercial Managers with budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Assisting Commercial Managers with preparing business cases, Board and Executive Committee reports.
- Assisting Commercial Managers supporting the various practice groups with both regular and ad-hoc analysis of financial information to provide insight into relevant key business drivers.
- Working towards establishing yourself as a key adviser to the firm and key stakeholders in both a commercial and financial context.
- Actively promoting change and innovation within the Firm, drawing upon a range of sources for potential solutions.
As a member of our Commercial Management Team, you will partner with many parts of the Firm, across various Practice Groups and Departments. Together with members of the broader Team, you'll work closely with Partners and the Strategy, Pricing, People & Development and Business Development Teams to develop and deliver elements of the Firm's strategic plan.
Your career trajectory
Our Commercial Management Team is looking for a Commercial Analyst who has the desire to learn and develop their career with us. We will support you on your journey and will give you access to our career framework when you join, providing a clear understanding of high performance at each career stage at Allens.
We also recognise that every employee's experience is different and at Allens, we know that successful and enjoyable careers come through your focus and commitment to being the best you can be, in an environment where you are supported and encouraged and have clarity on key processes and decisions.
Our career deal is a key part in achieving this; our deal asks you to take the lead for your career, with us providing the coaching and support to help you meet your goals and aspirations.
What you'll bring
Skills / Experience
- Relevant experience in a similar analytical role.
- Open to first movers from Big 4 or mid-tier chartered firms.
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and financial modelling skills.
- Strong financial, analytical and problem solving skills and experience in an analytical role would be preferable.
- Strategic thinker with results driven attitude.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to navigate a complex stakeholder environment and build relationships.
- Ability to work both autonomously and within a high performing team.
- Undergraduate qualification in Commerce / Business, or similar related field.
- CPA / CA or equivalent qualifications.
We are ideally looking for a full-time Commercial Analyst.
This is a permanent opportunity to be based in our Sydney office.
We also support a hybrid working model, where working from home is part of the norm.
Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work.
From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asia region, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like.
Through our alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients a global network of 40 offices in 28 locations. With Allens, you'll work at the cutting edge of the law on the most complex and innovative deals in the market. You'll work with lawyers and professionals at the top of their game who, like you, strive to get a little better every day. And you'll be supported to take your career wherever you want it to go.
What we'll offer
You will be an integral part of a high performing, national team and have an opportunity to work with genuine market leaders.
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and leaders who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers and regular social and sporting activities. Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
Are you ready to begin?
We prefer to hear from you directly.
Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Thomas Wigglesworth, Senior Resourcing Consultant, or contact Thomas for a confidential discussion on + 61 449 539 834.