Senior Consultant, Talent Acquisition
Job no: 494830
Work type: Permanent - Full time
Categories: Corporate Services
We are looking for an energetic Talent Acquisition professional to join our award-winning Recruitment team. We are seeking someone who enjoys building relationships with internal clients and candidates and is driven by the challenge of finding talent in an extremely competitive market.
Our roles are quite varied so you will have variety and you will be provided with the autonomy to develop client-focused recruitment strategies while being supported by a collaborative and outcome focussed team. This is a fantastic role for somebody looking for a highly professional, career-driven environment that has both flexibility and aspiration at the heart of how we work.
Our team is responsible for attracting and recruiting top talent to the firm. We have a leading recruitment brand in our industry and are a critical part of the business.
Our function sits alongside our Graduate Resourcing Team, who were ranked number one law firm in GradAustralia's rankings, number 2 overall in GradAustralias Top 100, and top law firm in the Australian Association of Graduate Employers (AAGE) Top 75. Together we form a high-performing, collaborative and supportive team and you'll benefit from the skills and experiences of our other recruiters.
Our team is an integral part of our broader People & Development Department. Our team is committed to high performance and delivering exceptional client and candidaite experiences – if we spot an issue we raise it; if we spot an opportunity we act on it.
You will be responsible for:
- Sourcing and attraction: finding hard-to-find candidates through a variety of methods including writing and placing ads, market mapping, undertaking search, engaging with agencies.
- Assessment and selection: supporting clients to assess and select the best candidates for our roles - taking into account inclusion & diversity ethos.
- Market intelligence: staying abreast of the employment market (locally and overseas) and resourcing practices being adopted by other leading organisations, sharing this intel with key stakeholders and adapting resourcing strategies and activity as required.
- Project management: Planning ahead and understanding how your work contributes to the team and firm strategy. Consistently delivering on time and to the desired quality.
- Process improvement: Improving metrics and processes or establish new ones. Actively promoting change within the team and firm, drawing upon a range of sources for solutions.
- Stakeholder management: Direct support and collaboration with our Partners, you will be skilled at working at the highest levels.
Building relationships and networks will ensure you are successful in this role. Internally, you will partner with many parts of the firm, across various practice groups and departments. Your key internal stakeholder relationships will include Practice Group Leaders, Staff Partners, Corporate Services Directors and Managers. You will also partner closely with the broader People & Development team, including People & Development Consulting, Operations, Learning & Development, Talent & Engagement, Remuneration & Reward, Inclusion & Diversity teams.
Externally, you'll build relationships with our candidates, colleagues at Linklaters, our alumni and our recruitment agents.
Your career trajectory
You will have a desire to learn and develop your career. We will support you on your journey and will give you access to our career framework when you join, providing a clear understanding of high performance at each career stage at Allens.
We recognise that every employee's experience is different and at Allens, we know that successful and enjoyable careers come through your focus and commitment to being the best you can be, in an environment where you are supported and encouraged and have clarity on key processes and decisions. Our career deal is a key part in achieving this; our deal asks you to take the lead for your career, with us providing the coaching and support to help you meet your goals and aspirations.
What you'll bring
- Experience in recruiting - ideally at a law firm, or within professional services, or at a top-tier recruitment agency. wherever it has been it will have been a high-performance environment.
- End-to-end recruitment experience, including managing multiple roles across multiple disciplines, with the ability to coordinate multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge and implementation of best practice sourcing and recruitment methodologies and practices to build talent pools.
- Outstanding client relationship and stakeholder management skills. Attracting and Engaging candidates is what you do!
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- An ability to establish a professional profile with both external and internal networks.
- An ability to bring fresh ideas and new ways to go-to-market to the team.
This is a permanent opportunity. Allens supports flexible work practices and we are interested in speaking to recruiters wanting to work either full-time (ideally) or 0.8 FTE.
We support a hybrid working model where working from home part of the week is our norm.
Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people, and the communities in which we work.
From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asian region, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like.
Through our alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients a global network of 40 offices in 28 locations. With Allens, you'll work at the cutting edge of the law on the most complex and innovative deals in the market. You'll work with lawyers and professionals at the top of their game who, like you, strive to get a little better every day. And you'll be supported to take your career wherever you want it to go.
What we'll offer
You will be an integral part of a high-performing, national team and have an opportunity to work with genuine market leaders.
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and leaders who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers, and regular social and sporting activities. Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment, and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
Are you ready to begin?
Please submit your resume via our online - we can't wait to hear from you!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Email a friend