Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work. From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asian region, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like. Our alliance with Linklaters connects our clients and teams with an international network of legal leaders that spans 40 offices in 28 countries.
We value personal growth and career progression equally. Through our in-depth career coaching, focus on innovation, and international secondment program, we aim to create future leaders in the legal industry.
Our highly regarded Funds, Superannuation & Wealth Team sits within the broader Allens Corporate Practice. We work in a close-knit, growing and dynamic team, acting for some of Australia's leading super funds, fund managers, institutional investors and financial services providers across a range of industry sectors. We provide access to a broad range of both transactional and advisory work.
You'll be a part of our Funds, Superannuation & Wealth Team (FSW) team and work with lawyers across all of our offices. Working closely with our Partners and the wider team, you will gain exposure to the most complex and interesting transactions in the market.
At Allens, our structure means you'll get exposure to a number of different Partners within your practice group and a wide variety of work. We encourage our lawyers to find their niche and specialise in areas they're interested in, while building a strong foundation across their field.
As an investments lawyer within our FSW team, your role will include:
- Advising leading Australian and global institutional investors in relation to their direct and indirect investments across a range of traditional and emerging asset classes. This work includes advising our clients on a range of investment structures and activities, including:
- Pooled fund investments;
- Co-investments alongside managers;
- Direct investments / JVs, capital partnerships and other closely-held fund structures into private market assets such as real estate and infrastructure;
- IMAs; and
- Asset transition work.
- Advising on fund secondary sale transactions.
- Assisting superannuation clients with the Funds-related aspects of M&A matters.
- Assisting superannuation and other investors in relation to regulatory and compliance issues associated with their investment activities.
This is a permanent, full-time opportunity however we support flexibility, and would be happy to discuss what arrangements would work best for you. We also support a hybrid working model, where working from home, and the office, is part of our norm.
You will have:
- Experience working in funds, superannuation or financial services, ideally from a leading top tier, national or international firm, or an in-house team
- A passion to specialise in investment funds with a focus on clients in the superannuation sector, while still building generalist expertise
- Specific experience in investments work and providing advice to a range of clients
- Excellent academics
- A desire to learn, grow, network, mentor others
- A story to tell - there is enormous strength in the unique backgrounds and life experiences our people bring to the firm. Our people's differences across gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, cultural and social diversity, age, ability, and family and caring arrangements enrich our firm. We strongly encourage applications from First Nations peoples.
In joining Allens, you will become an integral part of a high-performing firm and work with people and leaders who help you become the best you can be. You will gain exceptional training that develops you professionally and personally. You will be challenged, supported and guided as you work on the most complex matters in the market.
Our unique Career Deal allows you to take control of your career and provides a transparent approach to career development. Our international alliance with Linklaters means we are able to support secondments all over the world.
Our benefits include:
- Financial: market competitive fixed remuneration; generous incentive plan that recognises both billable and broader contribution, salary continuance insurance, employee recruitment referral program, discounts at hundreds of suppliers including retail outlets, health and travel insurance, charity matched funding program.
- Health and wellbeing: fully subsidised gym memberships, annual flu vaccinations, skin checks, in-house snacks and catered meals, subsidised sporting and social activities, emergency childcare, Employee Assistance Program including confidential counselling, wellbeing coaching and financial coaching for employees and their families and regular wellbeing sessions with our in-house consulting Psychologist.
- Flexibility: hybrid and flexible working arrangements to support you in your work and life commitments and passions, equipment to support working from home.
- Leave: ability to purchase additional annual leave, access to an enhanced, inclusive and flexible parental leave policy – 26 weeks paid parental leave with no minimum service for permanent employees and high quality executive coaching to support the transition.
- Recognition: team based recognition including social activities and contribution based recognition activities, and annual Allens Values Awards to nominate and recognise the incredible contributions of our people.
Allens is also proud to invest in our communities, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply?
We'd love to hear from you so please click "apply now". If you would like to find out more head to Careers at Allens or for a confidential discussion, phone Thomas Wigglesworth, Senior Resourcing Consultant, on +61 449 539 834