Our national team looks after funds, super and wealth for our clients and we're now recruiting an Associate/Senior Associate to join our Melbourne office with specialist knowledge and experience in investments, with funds and/or superannuation expertise also being preferable.
Our highly regarded Funds, Superannuation & Wealth Team sits within the broader Allens Corporate Practice. We work in a close-knit, growing and dynamic team, acting for some of Australia's leading super funds, fund managers, institutional investors and financial services providers across a range of industry sectors. We provide access to a broad range of both transactional and advisory work.
As an investments lawyer within our Funds, Super & Wealth team, your role will include:
- Advising leading Australian and global institutional investors in relation to their direct and indirect investments across a range of traditional and emerging asset classes. This work includes advising our clients on a range of investment structures and activities, including:
- Pooled fund investments;
- Co-investments alongside managers;
- Direct investments / JVs, capital partnerships and other closely-held fund structures into private market assets such as real estate and infrastructure;
- IMAs; and
- Asset transition work.
- Advising on fund secondary sale transactions.
- Assisting superannuation clients with the Funds-related aspects of M&A matters.
- Assisting superannuation and other investors in relation to regulatory and compliance issues associated with their investment activities.
Allens has one of the leading Funds, Super & Wealth practices in Australia.
Our Funds, Super & Wealth practice acts for many of Australia's largest banks, superannuation and investment funds, insurers, and other financial services providers. Within that broader practice, our investments practice focuses on assisting superannuation funds (including a range of Australia's most prominent industry funds), foreign pension & sovereign wealth investors and other institutional investors in relation to their investment activities.
You will also have access to the firm's extensive client base to explore and develop new opportunities and deliver outstanding service. You will act for a wide range of clients, each with unique and challenging work environments.
Your career trajectory
We are in a significant and exciting growth phase and we are looking to expand our Funds, Super & Wealth practice with a high calibre Associate/Senior Associate. As a member of our experienced and friendly team within Australia's leading law firm, you will be challenged, supported and guided as you continue to learn and develop during your career at Allens.
We will support you on your journey and will give you access to our career framework when you join, providing a clear understanding of what high performance at each career stage as a lawyer at Allens looks like.
We also recognise that every employee's experience is different, and at Allens we know that successful and enjoyable careers come through your focus and commitment to being the best you can be, in an environment where you are supported and encouraged, and have clarity on key processes and decisions. Our career deal is a key part in achieving this; our deal asks you to take the lead for your career, with us providing the coaching and support to help you meet your goals and aspirations.
What you'll bring
- Experience working in funds, superannuation or financial services is preferred, ideally from a leading top tier, national or international firm, or an in-house team
- Specific experience in investments work and providing advice to a range of clients
- A desire to specialise in all aspects of the law pertaining to investment funds with a focus on clients in the superannuation sector while developing generalist expertise across the FSW practice.
- A background in investment funds gained at an international law firm will be well-regarded.
- Strong analytical, communication and advice writing skill
- An ability to effectively manage larger matters
- A willingness to participate in business development activities, such as pitch documents, firm-wide pursuits, article writing, attending industry events and hosting seminars
- An ability to establish a professional profile and internal networks
- A willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences and networks
- A willingness to build an understanding of clients and develop effective working relationships.
This is a permanent opportunity for an Associate/Senior Associate, Investments.
Allens supports flexible work practices and we are interested in speaking to lawyers wanting to work either part‑time or full-time.
We also support a hybrid working model, where working from home is part of the norm.
Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work.
From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asia region, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like.
Through our alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients a global network of 40 offices in 28 locations. With Allens, you'll work at the cutting edge of the law on the most complex and innovative deals in the market. You'll work with lawyers and professionals at the top of their game who, like you, strive to get a little better every day. And you'll be supported to take your career wherever you want it to go.
There is enormous strength in the unique backgrounds and life experiences our people bring to the firm. Our culture and performance is enriched by our differences across gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, cultural and social diversity, age, ability, and family and caring arrangements. We encourage applications from First Nations peoples.
What we'll offer
You will be an integral part of a high performing, national team and have an opportunity to work with genuine market leaders.
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and leaders who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers and regular social and sporting activities. Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
Are you ready to begin?
We prefer to hear from you directly.
Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Thomas Wigglesworth, Senior Resourcing Consultant, or contact Thomas for a confidential discussion on +61 449 539 834.
If this isn't the position for you, please tell your friends or colleagues about it.