The Allens Projects, Real Estate & Development Practice Group is made up of two main streams:
• Projects (Construction, Infrastructure and Energy)
• Real Estate & Development (including Environment & Planning)
The team is known for working with clients throughout the full lifecycle of their projects, from origination to construction and development, to operation and end of life.
In this role, you will be a part of our wider Projects practice however will focus on our growing Government client base thereby supporting economic growth and improving our communities across the country. We offer deep expertise and insights to our diverse Government clients, having advised on important reform, infrastructure development, procurement, divestment and privatisation projects – often the first of their kind. We also act for private sector clients in doing business with Government, giving us a clear understanding of the priorities, practices and expectations of the private sector in their dealings with Government.
The team works collaboratively on a national basis and you will be challenged, supported and guided as you develop your career at a growing firm.
As part of our team, you will play an important role delivering client work on market-leading projects and transactions and working with us to identify and win new work opportunities. The key features of this role are the challenging work you will experience, the variety of projects you can expect to get involved in and the broad range of clients and people you will work with.
You will advise our Government sector clients on the full spectrum of legal issues they are likely to face, including:
- working with Government departments and agencies on their major infrastructure and energy projects, and other procurement projects;
- developing policy and implementing legislative and regulatory reforms;
- working with regulatory bodies in the application of regulatory schemes;
- advising on the legislative frameworks within which statutory authorities and other government bodies operate; and
- advising on public law matters including administrative law issues.
We also act for many private sector clients in doing business with government. This gives us a clear understanding of the priorities, practices and expectations of the private sector in their dealings with government entities.
What you'll bring
- Experience advising on a broad range of project development transactions in the government sector at a well-regarded international or Australian, including a boutique firms or within a large government projects team.
- A strong academic background.
- An ability to work independently and effectively manage smaller matters and elements of larger matters.
- A strong team ethic, this aspect of our culture is of key importance to us.
- A willingness to develop others through mentoring and sharing experiences and networks.
- An interest in building an understanding of clients and developing effective working relationships with clients.
- A willingness to participate in business development activities, such as pitch documents, firm-wide pursuits, attending industry events and hosting seminars.
- An ability to establish a professional profile and internal networks.
Your career trajectory
We recognise that every employee's experience is different and at Allens we know that successful and enjoyable careers come through your focus and commitment to being the best you can be, in an environment where you are supported and encouraged, and have clarity on key processes and decisions. Our career deal is a key part in achieving this; our deal asks you to take the lead for your career, with us providing the coaching and support to help you meet your goals and aspirations.
What we'll offer
Our benefits include:
- Financial: market competitive fixed remuneration; generous incentive plan that recognises both billable and broader contribution, salary continuance insurance, employee recruitment referral program, discounts at hundreds of suppliers including retail outlets, health and travel insurance, charity matched funding program.
- Health and wellbeing: fully subsidised gym memberships, annual flu vaccinations, skin checks, in-house snacks and catered meals, subsidised sporting and social activities, emergency childcare, Employee Assistance Program including confidential counselling, wellbeing coaching and financial coaching for employees and their families and regular wellbeing sessions with our in-house consulting Psychologist.
- Flexibility: hybrid and flexible working arrangements to support you in your work and life commitments and passions, equipment to support working from home.
- Leave: ability to purchase additional annual leave, access to an enhanced, inclusive and flexible parental leave policy – 26 weeks paid parental leave with no minimum service for permanent employees and high quality executive coaching to support the transition.
- Recognition: team based recognition including social activities and contribution based recognition activities, and annual Allens Values Awards to nominate and recognise the incredible contributions of our people.
Allens is also proud to invest in our communities, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to Apply
Please apply online, or phone Rebecca Lyness, Senior Consultant – Resourcing for a confidential discussion on +61 2 9230 4616
Our culture is made up of unique backgrounds and varying life experiences. It's what makes us the high-performing firm we are today. We celebrate our people's differences across gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability and family and caring arrangements. Here, you will experience what it's like to be able to bring your whole self to work. We strongly encourage applications from First Nations people.