We have an exciting opportunity for an Environment & Native Title Associate to join our busy Perth practice. This is a new role within a growing team.
The Allens Projects, Real Estate & Development Practice Group is made up of two main streams:
- Projects (Construction, Infrastructure and Energy)
- Real Estate & Development (including Environment & Planning)
You will be working alongside and learning from one of our leading partners, Eve Lynch. Eve is a specialist environment, planning and native title lawyer and advises on significant projects in Western Australia.
Our team provides specialist environment, town planning and native title law advice. We are a collaborative national team and work together across our Australian offices on market leading national transactions. You will be given excellent training and development opportunities and the support to manage your own matters and client relationships early on while being mentored by Eve and other senior members of the team.
You will primarily undertake core environment, planning and native title work but ideally have a willingness to broaden your skills into adjacent practice areas, such as local government law. You will receive exposure to a variety of challenging matters, traversing a broad spectrum of State and Federal law – including:
- advising on environmental impact assessments for major projects under State and Federal legislation (from scoping through to appeals)
- advising on environmental and planning compliance matters
- undertaking compliance reviews and advising on incident management
- advising on climate risk
- preparing native title and heritage agreements
- undertaking due diligence to support major transactions
- Our Perth team works for a range of clients, including major oil & gas and mining companies, industrial land users, and infrastructure owners.
- You will be advising on a range of mining, oil and gas and industrial projects and on national projects across different sectors.
Your career trajectory
Our Environment & Planning Team is looking for an Associate, who has the desire to learn and develop their career with us. We will support you on your journey and will give you access to our career framework when you join, providing a clear understanding of high performance at each career stage at Allens.
We also recognise that every employee's experience is different, and at Allens we know that successful and enjoyable careers come through your focus and commitment to being the best you can be, in an environment where you are supported and encouraged and have clarity on key processes and decisions. Our career deal is a key part in achieving this; our deal asks you to take the lead for your career, with us providing the coaching and support to help you meet your goals and aspirations.
What you'll bring
We would love it if you:
- have experience working in an environment and planning team or on native title and land access matters (especially if it's in the Perth market)
- are able to effectively manage smaller matters and discrete elements of larger matters
- are keen to grow, both as a lawyer and leader
- want to build and develop effective working relationships with clients
- are able to establish a professional profile and internal networks
- enjoy developing others through mentoring and sharing experiences and networks
This is a permanent opportunity to work within our team, ideally on a full time basis. We are open to part time applicants as well.
We support a hybrid working model where working from home part of the week is the norm.
Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work.
From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asia region, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like.
Through our alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients a global network of 40 offices in 28 locations. With Allens, you'll work at the cutting edge of the law on the most complex and innovative deals in the market. You'll work with lawyers and professionals at the top of their game who, like you, strive to get a little better every day. And you'll be supported to take your career wherever you want it to go.
What we'll offer
You will be an integral part of a high performing, national team and have an opportunity to work with genuine market leaders.
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and leaders who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers and regular social and sporting activities. Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
Our inclusion and diversity strategy ensures you are able to be your best self and do your best work at Allens. We are proud of our culture of genuine inclusion to support and celebrate our LGBTQ+ colleagues, the success of women in the firm, first nations people and people from all cultures. There is enormous strength in the unique backgrounds and life experiences our people bring to the firm. They help us expand our thinking. They help us grow.
Are you ready to begin?
We prefer to hear from you directly.
Please submit your resume via our on-line careers site addressed to Courtney Reynolds, Senior Resourcing Consultant or contact Courtney for a confidential discussion at Courtney.Reynolds@allens.com.au
If this isn't the position for you, please tell your friends or colleagues about it.