Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work.
From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asia region, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like.
Through our alliance with Linklaters, we offer clients a global network of 40 offices in 28 locations. With Allens, you'll work at the cutting edge of the law on the most complex and innovative deals in the market. You'll work with lawyers and professionals at the top of their game who, like you, strive to get a little better every day. And you'll be supported to take your career wherever you want it to go.
We are looking for a Review Services Team Leader to join our Sydney office on a permanent, full time basis. This is a fantastic opportunity for somebody who is legally qualified and has experience leading teams of lawyers or paralegals on large document reviews.
The Integrated Legal Solutions (ILS) Team's purpose is to deliver market leading and cost-effective data management, analysis and review solutions in support of Allens’ disputes, investigations and transaction matters and to clients directly.
As one of the largest legal technology teams in Australia you will work alongside individuals with legal, technical and project management qualifications, providing you with exposure to a wealth of knowledge and experience.
The Review Services Team Leader reports to an ILS Manager and is supervised on a day-to-day basis by a Manager / Project Manager responsible for assigned matters. The Team Leader assists the Manager / Project Manager in managing reviews and review teams, and performs document review and quality assurance tasks for eDiscovery, lease or contract reviews, and document automation. The Team Leader provides day to day supervision of review teams and is the key liaison between the review and legal teams.
As a Review Services Team Leader, you will be:
- Managing and supervising document reviewers for Review Services matter work by giving instructions to reviewers, responding to queries, and undertaking quality checks and quality assurance of work completed.
- Project managing the document review process for matters by managing any issues that arise, monitoring progress of the review, providing regular status updates to the Manager / Project Manager and lawyers, ensuring the document review process is completed on time and within the agreed budget, and escalating queries and implementing solutions where appropriate.
- Collaborating with the broader Integrated Legal Solutions team and Allens lawyers to deliver quality, cost effective results on matters and national projects.
- Assisting with the identification of contract lawyers for Review Services matters as needed and ensuring that candidates are a skills and cultural fit in the Allens high performance culture.
- Sharing knowledge openly and effectively with other ILS team members locally and nationally to contribute to our overall commercial, legal, technical and project management market knowledge.
This is a permanent, full-time opportunity however we support flexibility, and would be happy to discuss what arrangements would work best for you. We also support a hybrid working model, where working from home and the office is part of our norm.
You will have:
- A legal qualification, with previous experience practising as a lawyer or experience in a document review team leader role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and motivate teams.
- Experience leading teams of lawyers or paralegals on large document reviews.
- Experience working on litigation matters involving eDiscovery is essential.
- Legal technology experience, especially in litigation eDiscovery or corporate due diligence is highly desirable.
- Qualifications, or equivalent experience, in legal information management, information technology or computing science is highly desirable.
- A desire to learn, grow, network, mentor others
- A story to tell - there is enormous strength in the unique backgrounds and life experiences our people bring to the firm. Our people's differences across gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, cultural and social diversity, age, ability, and family and caring arrangements enrich our firm. We strongly encourage applications from First Nations peoples
In joining Allens, you will become an integral part of a high-performing firm and work with people and leaders who help you become the best you can be. You will gain exceptional training that develops you professionally and personally. You will be challenged, supported and guided as you work on the most complex matters in the market.
Our unique Career Deal allows you to take control of your career and provides a transparent approach to career development. Our international alliance with Linklaters means we are able to support secondments all over the world.
Our benefits include:
- Financial: market competitive fixed remuneration; generous incentive plan that recognises both billable and broader contribution, salary continuance insurance, employee recruitment referral program, discounts at hundreds of suppliers including retail outlets, health and travel insurance, charity matched funding program.
- Health and wellbeing: fully subsidised gym memberships, annual flu vaccinations, skin checks, in-house snacks and catered meals, subsidised sporting and social activities, emergency childcare, Employee Assistance Program including confidential counselling, wellbeing coaching and financial coaching for employees and their families and regular wellbeing sessions with our in-house consulting Psychologist.
- Flexibility: hybrid and flexible working arrangements to support you in your work and life commitments and passions, equipment to support working from home.
- Leave: ability to purchase additional annual leave, access to an enhanced, inclusive and flexible parental leave policy – 26 weeks paid parental leave with no minimum service for permanent employees and high quality executive coaching to support the transition.
- Recognition: team based recognition including social activities and contribution based recognition activities, and annual Allens Values Awards to nominate and recognise the incredible contributions of our people.
Allens is also proud to invest in our communities, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to apply
We'd love to hear from you so please click "apply now". If you would like to find out more head to Careers at Allens.