Our National Events Team are responsible for the development and delivery of a range of client facing events and networking experiences. Working closely with the Manager of the Events & Networks team and other event team members, you will support the delivery of many facets of the program, including our national webinar program, thought leadership series, client relationship events, corporate hospitality, cultural sponsorships, and internal practice development events.
You will also gain experience and work with the broader Marketing and Client Services Department, as this role will have some crossover with other teams. In particular, you will work closely and collaborate with our Marketing, Communications and Digital & Design teams, providing support as required by the Managers.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Supporting the Events team with all office events along with national projects and running some events autonomously.
- Proficiently executing all aspects of event coordination from the initial inception and scoping, through to delivery.
- Supporting delivery of the national webinar program, including updating and management of our online learning web page.
- Performing the administrative and database aspects related to events.
- Budget management and liaising with external suppliers and venues.
- Providing a high-level of on-site support during events.
- Marketing coordination, including supporting the development of marketing collateral, use of Customer Relationship Management system (CRM) and web systems, online delivery of content, and other client experience initiatives.
Due to the nature of our events, work outside of standard office hours may be required.
The key client relationships for this position include Partners, Lawyers, Marketing and Client Services, Corporate Services departments within the firm as well as the firms client base.
Your career trajectory
We will support you on your journey and will give you access to our career framework when you join, providing a clear understanding of high performance at each career stage at Allens.
We also recognise that every employee's experience is different and at Allens, we know that successful and enjoyable careers come through your focus and commitment to being the best you can be, in an environment where you are supported and encouraged and have clarity on key processes and decisions. Our career deal is a key part in achieving this; our deal asks you to take the lead for your career, with us providing the coaching and support to help you meet your goals and aspirations.
What you'll bring
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Experience in delivering end-to-end client events in a corporate setting.
- Knowledge of the legal industry and / or professional services / B2B environments is desirable.
- Corporate events experience supporting a team and running some events autonomously is essential.
- Exceptional client management skills and positive client service approach.
- Demonstrated communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- Experience working with Customer Relationship Management systems.
- Professional composure and excellent personal presentation.
- Hands-on approach and a can-do attitude.
- Flexibility, with a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively within and across teams and offices.
- Superior work ethic and strong time management skills.
- Tertiary qualifications in event management, business or marketing is highly desired.
This is a permanent, full-time opportunity for a National Events and Networks Coordinator.
We support a hybrid working model where working from home part of the week is the norm.
Allens is a leading international law firm with a proud 200-year heritage of shaping the future for our clients, our people and the communities in which we work.
From playing a pioneering role in the development of legislation and regulatory frameworks in the Asia region for almost 200 years, to acting on numerous 'firsts' across a range of industry and community issues, it is in our DNA to make a difference and help shape what our world looks like.
Over this time, we've grown in scale and reach, today offering clients a global network of 40 offices in 28 locations through our global alliance with Linklaters.
There is enormous strength in the unique backgrounds and life experiences our people bring to the firm. Our culture and performance is enriched by our differences across gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, cultural and social diversity, age, ability, and family and caring arrangements. We encourage applications from First Nations peoples.
What we'll offer
You will be an integral part of a high performing, national team and have an opportunity to work with genuine market leaders.
At Allens, we provide lifelong learning that develops you personally and professionally, and access to people and leaders who can help you become the best you can be. You'll be given ongoing opportunities to get involved and to take your career all the way.
You'll enjoy a range of other benefits including free gym membership, staff discounts with hundreds of suppliers and regular social and sporting activities. Allens also leads the profession in community investment, giving you the opportunity to make a difference through our work on reconciliation, the environment and other social justice issues as well as our workplace giving and volunteering programs.
How to Apply
Please apply online or email Alexandra at email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
Our culture is made up of unique backgrounds and varying life experiences. It's what makes us the high-performing firm we are today. We celebrate our people's differences across gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, ability and family and caring arrangements. Here, you will experience what it's like to be able to bring your whole self to work. We strongly encourage applications from First Nations people.